2321 Emerald Lake Lane, Little Elm Texas, 75068 • Tel: 214 518 5737 • firstname.lastname@example.org
PROFESSIONAL & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
United Parcel Service, Grapevine, Texas November 2011-December 2011
Seasonal Driver Helper
• Assist driver deliver packages during peak season.
• Respond to customer concerns and special requests.
Newtone English Studio, Lugansk, Ukraine
September 2009 – September 2011
English Language Advisor and Textbook Writer
(3 month break while in Jerusalem)
• Wrote innovative and creative texts, chants, and dialogues for a stimulating, innovative English learning program for Ukrainian and Russian students (ages 14-60).
• Edited the style and flow of previously written English language material.
• Voice acted and sang to create recorded supplemental audio material.
• Conducted special topic lectures with students in a classroom setting.
Elwyn Home for People with Disabilities, Jerusalem, Israel
February 2011 – May 2011
Activities and Habilitation Specialist, Volunteer
• Assisted in the planning and implementation of the residents’ developmental activities.
• Provided direct care and supervision of residence to fulfill daily operational functions.
Bridge of Hope, Lugansk, Ukraine
June 2009 – September 2009
Music Director, Volunteer
• Assisted this charity organization with summer camps.
• Taught music to over 1,000 children (ages 6-16).
• Organized music team of six local Ukrainian musicians.
United States Peace Corps, Lugansk, Ukraine
March 2007 – May 2009
Community Development Volunteer
• Volunteered for SVIT-Ukraine, a Ukrainian volunteering organization.
• Organized international volunteer activities on the topics of human rights, gender equality, and racism and xenophobia.
• Conceived and aided in the development of “Gazebo,” a volunteer networking website.
• Provided logistics, planning and leadership for three 15-day volunteer youth work camps for European and Ukrainian volunteers.
• Conducted seminars on the topic of “Establishing an Honor Code in Ukrainian Organizations” (funded by United Sates Agency for International Development).
Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees, Utica, New York
June 2005 – March 2007
Outreach and Training Coordinator/Spanish-English Interpreter
• Provided job counseling for refugees and immigrants from over 15 ethnic groups, including Afghanis, Belarusians, Bosnians, Cubans, Iranians, Karen-Burmese, Meshketian Turks, Puerto Ricans, Russians, Somali-Bantu and Sudanese.
• Created and presented weekly employment classes for refugees and local employers.
• Monitored New York State funding progress.
• Acted as Spanish-English Interpreter, providing medical translations and interpretations.
Sepa del Peru, Arequipa, Peru January 2005 – April 2005
English Language Teacher
• Taught advanced English language 20 hours per week to 15 students.
• Created and delivered lesson plans.
• Graded writing samples and other homework assignments.
Hogar de Esperanza Children’s Home, Arequipa,Peru
January 2005 – April 2005
Dorm Parent & Life Coach, Volunteer
• Taught life skills such as time and money management, mental health and career planning.
• Provided counseling for runaway and abandoned street children (ages 4-15).
Centro Familiar Latino, Wilmington, Ohio
August 2003 – December 2004
English Language Tutor, Volunteer
• Tutored newly arrived Spanish-speaking immigrants in English.
• Assisted a Mexican pastor/friend establish a Spanish-speaking church.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATES
American Councils in Ukraine Kiev, Ukraine
Superior Proficiency Level in Russian Language.
United States Peace Corps Ukraine Training Program Chernigov, Ukraine
Completed 200 hours of Russian Language Training.
March 2007 – June 2007
Accomplished 100 hours of Technical Training.
Fulfilled 30 hours of Cross-cultural Training.
Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees Utica, New York
Bridging the Gap Certificate.
July 2006 – October 2006
Awarded for 30 hour plus practicum Spanish/English medical translating course.
Cedarville University Cedarville, Ohio
B.A.: Organizational Communication Arts
Minors: Music and Bible.
Senior Thesis: Gender Roles in Spanish Language Advertisements
Marquette University Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Teaching Assistantship, College of Communication
*Turned down to remain in Ukraine
Windows and Apple operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), and SPSS.