• Masters in Design (from NIFT http://www.nift.ac.in/), over 8 years of international experience in the textile and clothing industry in various roles – designer, merchandiser, manufacturer, consultant, entrepreneur.
• Experienced in handling products from concept through development and final presentation as well as corresponding with overseas vendors.
• Creative(both hand and CAD), meticulous in detail, adept at verbal, written and inter-personal communication.
• Masters (2 years course) in Knitwear Design Technology from India’s top fashion school - NIFT, New Delhi (1997-1999).
• Bachelor of Arts (3 years graduate course), University of Delhi, India (1994-1997)
June 2007 -current
Owner -Two Dotts (www.twodotts.com), a design firm based in New Jersey, dealing with a wide array of handmade goods - from personalized stationary, crafts, bags, accessories , wall art and clothing.
Jan 2005 – June 2007
• Worked as a Design Consultant for Ankh (www.ankh.biz), a manufacturer/exporter of a diverse range of home goods and an approved factory for Target Corporation, Williams Sonoma Inc & IKEA.
o Developed visual story boards for design inspiration.
o Provided inputs on upcoming American trends through market research.
o Based on buyer guidelines and interactions, designed and developed theme based concepts for prints and embroideries for made –ups.
Nov 2000 – June 2004
“I-Design”, New Delhi, India
? Set up I-Design (in partnership), an independent design & sampling firm catering to manufacturers and exporters of home goods to provide design service through embroideries, appliqués and graphic print development for bedding, curtains, cushions and table linens.
• Expanded into design and manufacture of Baby and kids clothing, bedding, linens and accessories ‘I-Design for Baby’ (www.idesign4baby.com), exporting to European chain stores as well manufacturing for its own domestic retail stores.
March 1999–Oct 2000,
“Boutique International”, New Delhi, India
• Worked as a Senior Merchandise/Design Coordinator at Boutique International (www.boutiqueintl.com); and exclusively responsible for handling their Liz Claiborne brand and assisting in managing production and sales to Gap Inc.
Apr 1995-Jun 1997,
“Zaffiro Fashions”, New Delhi, India
• Worked as a Designer/Merchandiser responsible for developing new design products for a range of accessories from costume jewelry to belts and bags.
• Best Commercial Design Collection Award and cash prize (1999) at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi (www.nift.ac.in)
• Selected to undertake a 3 week course at Wakayama, Japan (full scholarship paid)at the Shima Seiki Corporation, training on their computerized flat knitting machine (1999).
• Chosen to represent NIFT( my college) in various European tours, such as the “Pitti Filati Yarn Fair” in Florence, Italy and the Smirnoff Fashion Competition at Berlin and the Indian Fashion Awards show at London & Paris. (1998)
• References are available on request
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw and MS Office (Word and Excel) and PowerPoint.
• Continually update my skills with short courses at FIT, NY.