SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Freelance writer specializing in planning, writing and executing consumer and B-to-B communications for clients ranging from Fortune 50 corporations to small business owners, including for-profit and not-for-profit companies. Excellent writer, team-oriented, results-driven.
Freelance Writer & Marketing Consultant 2006 – Present
• Write marketing and promotional communications (long-form web copy, brochures, and other media) for clients such as Solar One, LandlordsNY, TestPrep NY, Project SEED, and Gotham Baby Photos.
• Developed marketing strategies for PepsiCo, Spectrum Interactive Media, XM Radio, British Airways, Rapp Collins Worldwide, Nu-Kitchen, o2kl, Group Health Cooperative, and others.
Teaching Fellow & Masters Candidate (concurrent with above) 2008 – 06/2010
• As a Teaching Fellow at The New School University, taught undergraduate sections and designed collateral curriculum. Worked with authors Greil Marcus, Ann Hood, Helen Schulman, and Jeffery Renaud Allen.
• Completed an MFA in Creative Writing with a 4.0 GPA.
Rapp Collins Worldwide / Senior Vice President 2004 – 2006
• As a member of the Operating Committee, set agency initiatives and led agency operations.
• Managed a cross-disciplinary, multi-office team of planners, client services, creatives and analysts, in development and execution of marketing communications for our clients.
• Senior relationship manager for XM Radio, Bank of America, Barnes & Noble, NY Knicks, Toys R Us, NFL, and Exxon Mobil.
Professional Sabbatical 2003
• Traveled through twenty-two countries across six continents.
McCann-Erickson (MRM) / Senior Vice President 1998 – 2003
• Directed new business development, winning business worth over $120MM (billings) with Microsoft, Buick, and Sirius Satellite Radio.
• Led five-agency team in launch of Sirius Satellite Radio, including advertising, direct marketing, online marketing, event marketing and public relations.
Targetbase Marketing / Vice President 1995 – 1998
• Directed Coca-Cola, Bell South and PowerBar accounts, developing and executing consumer and business-to-business communications.
• Developed and managed new business pitches resulting in new clients Nestle, PowerBar and Honda, while managing account, creative and strategic teams for ongoing clients.
Temerlin McClain Advertising / Management Supervisor 1993 – 1995
• Managed general advertising for Pace Picante Sauce, with billings of $60MM, including television, print, POS, online and direct marketing.
• Worked closely with Pace’s prospective buyer (Campbell Soup), PR agency, and regulators to manage communications throughout Pace’s historic $1.1B LBO.
• MFA, Creative Writing: The New School University
• BS, Mathematics: University of Texas at Dallas
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• Developed and ran business communications seminars for employees of all levels at Rapp Collins Worldwide, Targetbase Marketing and MRM.
• Completed Second City Comedy Troupe / Corporate Presentation courses.