313 Valparaiso ct. Valley Park MO, 63088/ (314) 614-0814/ Maxwarner17@gmail.com
Hillsdale College, Hillsdale MI
Bachelor of Art in Political Economics, with concentrations in Business Administration, marketing, economics, and music Graduated December 2010
• Outdoor Educator, Leelanau Outdoor Center, Maple City MI
? Worked as part of a team of educators to promote teamwork, effective communication, and leadership amongst corporate groups and school classes alike in an outdoor setting. Succeeded at improving group dynamics and efficiency through the use of initiative exercises which promoted cooperation, provided lessons on respect and sustainability, and environmental awareness.
• Waterfront Director, Camp Leelanau, Maple City MI
? Supervised and provided support to all watersport programs offered at the camp. Held full jurisdiction over beach area and the activities that took place therein, taking inventory for materials of every aspect of the waterfront program. Served as liaison between waterfront staff and camp organization directors.
• Sandwich artisan/cashier, Oakley Deli, Hillsdale MI
? Provided food and refreshments to patrons and took over management operations occasionally in owner’s absence.
• Sailing Instructor, Camp Leelanau, Maple City MI
? Instructed children between the ages of 6 and 16 in sailing fundamentals. Achieved greater competence and enjoyment within students through utilization of a hands-on learning environment while simultaneously encouraging moral fortitude and social confidence through the correlation of sailing lessons with life experience.
• Hillsdale College mailroom assistant, Hillsdale College Mail Center, Hillsdale MI
? Worked within a team to package and ship mail to donors, alumni, and school supporters. Gained experience working with a strict deadline and meeting delivery quotas.
• Co-Captain of Hillsdale College Admissions Office Call Team, Hillsdale MI
? Learned important organizational and leadership skills co-directing the Call Team program with over 10 student employees
• Assistant Student manager, Saga Inc. Hillsdale College, Hillsdale MI
? Primarily a student-run café, duties included creating shift charts, ensuring employees made their allotted shifts, and serving as a mediator between student employees and upper management.
• Cook, Charlotte’s Rib restaurant, St. Louis MO
? Held position as assistant to the head cook. Learned first lessons in multi-tasking and working with a diverse staff towards a common goal.
(Summer only) June-August 2011
Fall 2007-Spring 2008
Fall 2004-Spring 2006
• Proficient using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity, Nu Upsilon Chapter
? Head of Alumni relations 2009-2010
? President 2008
? Vice-president 2007
• Hillsdale College Cross Country & Track
• Hillsdale College Conservation Club
• Hillsdale College Student Federation, Independent Representative
Oversaw campus organizations and publications as well as allocated student fees for the benefit of the student body 2007-2008