University of Cape Town ? 1996
• Bachelor of Business Science Honours in Information Systems
? Received Class medal for Management Science 1995
? Placed on Dean’s merit list 1993, 1995, 1996
? Received Harry Allschwang Scholarship 1993 – 1996
? Graduated with Second Class Division One Honours
Fairbairn College ? 1992
• A Aggregate with 4 Distinctions
• For the past 5 years, I have worked from home. I work well on my own, and am focused and motivated. I work well in an environment with little or no supervision, and am able to complete tasks efficiently and within specified deadlines.
• I learn quickly, and am able to perform new tasks well.
• I have great attention to detail, and can perform administrative tasks well.
• I also have an excellent command of the English language and have experience in Proof reading and editing.
Mathematics tutor ? 2009 – 2011
• Responsible for tutoring one student in Mathematics through Grades 10, 11 and 12
Medical practice administrator and accounting support ? 2010 – 2011
• Ensuring correctness and completeness of doctor’s records
• Creating patient accounts from the written records
• This position required a high degree of attention to detail. It was a work from home position which required self-motivation and efficiency.
Owner and manager of a small cleaning business ? 2007 - 2010
• My leadership skills were developed through managing a team of between 5 and 10 staff members (depending on business activity levels)
• As the sole owner of the business, I was responsible for all decision making.
• Scheduling jobs and liaising with clients
• I produced the financial records using a computerized bookkeeping package called Omni accounts
• I tracked payments, and managed debtors
• As this business was involved in rendering a service to multiple clients, a big part of my responsibility was to ensure the quality of the service provided.
This business provided me with the opportunity to hone my bookkeeping skills. My interpersonal skills were improved as a result of the time I spent interacting with customers and staff.
Part time Systems development ? 2004 - 2006
• I analysed and designed a computer system for Rawson City Bowl to help agents keep track of their various clients and contact that they had with those people.
Lecturer in Information systems ? 2000 - 2004
• Lecturer at Boston City Campus and ITI
• I lectured their NCC accredited course in Information systems.
• I was responsible for lecture preparation, based on the course materials, setting and marking tests. The classes contained between 15 and 20 students.
Part time Bookkeeping 1994 - 1999
• World Wide Maritime – Pastel accounting
• Marine and Refrigeration Engineering – Pastel accounting
• Boston Computer Schools – first Brilliant account, later Pastel accounting
Information systems developer ? 1997 - 2000
• Lewis stores - Jan 1997 – June 1998
? I was involved in Business systems development in Powerbuilder and Delphi
? Systems development using Object oriented principles and a relational database
? I joined this team as a junior programmer, but was involved in all aspects of development including Database design, Systems analysis and design and programming
• Fairheads international trust company - July 1998 – May 2000
? I was involved in the upgrade of the systems from Clipper into Delphi
? Much of the time that I was there I spent on the reporting functionality of the system.
? I was also jointly responsible for general hardwareand software support to the entire company