PAGE 1 OF 4
EXCEPTIONAL SKILLS AND APTITUDES INCLUDE:
• High level of integrity and work ethics
• Skilled in English language, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Remarkable attention to detail
• Multi-tasking and working in high-pressure environments
• Accuracy, timeliness and thoroughness in work performance
• Interpersonal skills that elicit cooperative working relationships with individuals at all levels and backgrounds
• Skilled in tactful, respectable, and advantageous negotiations
• Fluent in Spanish (speaking, reading and writing)
• Extensive experience researching, drafting and interpreting data from various sources
• Strong analytical skills
• Experienced Contract Administrator (over 15 years), including developing RFPs/RFQs/RFBs, scope of work, evaluation criteria and scoring; and evaluating and scoring proposals
1995 – PRESENT
County of Orange, Executive Office
Public Finance Department
Title: Administrative Manager I Current Salary: $38.56 per hour
Duties: Include, but are not limited to:
1) Coordinating the work of the financing team (financial advisors, legal advisors, economists, real estate appraisers, civil engineers, underwriters, real estate developers and others), including, but not limited to, editing their written work product (i.e., reports, spreadsheets, tables, presentations (PowerPoint), contracts, and correspondence;
2) Writing and editing correspondence, reports, PowerPoint Presentations, and other written materials;
2) Managing tax-exempt bonds to finance public projects, which involves extensive coordination efforts between the various parties on the financing team, developers, property owners, County of Orange Public Works staff, County executive management, and others as necessary;
3) Developing, revising and updating budgets, five-year financial plans, and business plan for our department;
4) Administering contracts including the development, preparation and submittal of requests for proposals, requests for qualifications and requests for bids; negotiate contracts and amendments; preparing and composing contracts, amendments, scope of services, and other specifications; resolving contractual disputes; preparing and presenting staff reports for consideration by the Board of Supervisors; preparing and composing resolutions and ordinances as necessary; and researching, composing, and interpreting legal documents such as contracts, resolutions, and ordinances;
5) Developing and editing departmental policies and procedures;
6) Analyzing proposals for varying purposes and projects
• Formulated policies and procedures for the Public Financing Advisory Committee’s rules of procedures and Bylaws.
• Formulated a procedure for evaluating the performance of contractors and developed a “Consultant Performance Evaluation Form” for our division.
• Successfully negotiated contracts that resulted in increased services and cost reductions of 5% to 10% of the amounts proposed through competitive processes.
CAREER EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED)
1990 – 1995
County of Orange, Executive Office
Title: Office Supervisor
Duties: Included, but was not limited to,
1) Supervising a staff of nine employees;
2) Overseeing all administrative functions of our department, including: Purchasing; human resources; personnel training; payroll; accounts payable; budget preparation; office services;
3) Reviewing and editing all work output in final form for distribution;
4) Coordinating services and coverage; records retention and warehousing;
5) Providing extensive coordination efforts between the various parties within the County of Orange including management and executive management staff, other County department’s staff, the public and others as necessary
6) Developing updating, and maintaining the County’s Policies and Procedures;
7) Administering contracts
• Developed, updated and implemented policies and procedures for the County Executive Office
• All but one of my employees received promotions or furthered their careers within the County of Orange.
• Successfully mediated several employee disputes that resulted in conflict resolutions
Election Day Coordinator – I have coordinated the elections for the Primaries. My duties included providing training and support to precincts within the jurisdiction of Irvine. I provided supplies to voting precincts; answered questioned about the ballots, proper voting procedure, etc; settled disputes and negative interactions; provided backup for precinct workers; ensured voting policies and procedures were followed.
Wedding Coordinator – I have one year of experience coordinating weddings.
Freelance Writer – I have written, and continue to write, several freelance articles, essays and opinions for magazines, on commission, and for fun.
AA Degree in Business Administration – Coastline Community College
BS degree (*** laude) in Business Administration – Kaplan University
Deputy Purchasing Agent – by the end of February 2012, I will have completed the required training and testing to receive the designation of Deputy Purchasing Agent.
Additional courses and seminars I have taken include:
• ”How to Become a Great Communicator”
• Time Management
• Organizational Behavior
• Mediation training
• Wrote and published an opinion article, “Families of Faith” for a collegiate quarterly church publication for which I was compensated
• Edited manuscripts for a psychologists that resulted in publication
• Rancho Santiago College – Distinguished Chicano/Latino Scholars Program Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement
• Freelance form designer, writer, proofreader/editor