Guthrie, OK 73044 | 510-439-6501 | email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Professional Photographer
SUMMARY: I am a professional photographer with a strong IT background that is looking to move my career more towards the thing that I love and that is photography.
I am interested in High Fashion, Commercial, Sports, wedding, portrait and event photography.
You can view a sample of my work at
Network Analyst / Researcher / Manager / IT Support Specialist with extensive experience providing IT solutions. 13+ yrs experience with IP PBX, Dentrix G series, CentOS, Asterisk, Debian, VOIP, Wireless, CISCO, OSI and Windows OS. Exceptional expertise in Team Building, Product Planning & Marketing.
• Routers (Cisco GSR, 7500, 7000, 5300, 4000, 3000, 2600, 2500, Terminal Servers: 2511, 2509).)
• Cisco Switches (6500, 5000, 3500, 2900).
• Cisco Pix Firewalls (525, 520, 515, 506), VPN Concentrator 3000 series, Cisco IOS Firewall feature set (IOS 12.X).
• Worked with Cbeyond on installations, integration & coding.
• Cisco: IOS 12.1(13)EA1a-12.4(10)T; Juniper: JunOS 6.4
• NetScreen Firewalls (NS-5XP, NS-5GT, NS-500)
• OC-12, OC-3, DS3, T-1, Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet) FDDI, Token Ring.
• Routing Protocol (BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, IS-IS, NLSP), Routed Protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX).
• Implemented QoS, Weighted Fair Queuing, Priority Queuing, Custom Queuing, RSVP, RED, CAR.
• Implemented SNMP on devices to allow for network management
• Implementation of HP Openview Server for network management.
• Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
• Implementation of DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP.
• Punch Blocks, Tone Tracers, Repeaters, , Modems, CSU/DSU, Professional Modular Plug Crimper.
• Win 95/98, Win-NT 4.0, Win 2000 Prof., Win 2000/2003 Server, MS Office, Lotus Notes, AutoCAD, Tango,
EXPERIENCE: CSI Technologies, Inc.
Jan 2000- to date
CSI Technologies is my brain child that was created for the sole purpose of subcontracting. Throughout the years, relationships were built that stretch across a wide variety of Skill-Sets. You will find that all companies that I have administered will fall under my subcontracting concept.
CSI Technologies was designed to be a 1000 per day inbound call center built physically by me. The telephony end was a hybrid version built on Debian ver. 4 Asterisk cluster and Asterisk OpenSer frontend. CTI (Computer telephony integration) also called computer-telephone integration or CTI, is a technology that allows interactions on a telephone, IP PBX Server and the call centre agent computer to be integrated or coordinated. As contact channels have expanded from voice to include email, web, and fax, the definition of CTI has expanded to include the integration of all customer contact channels (voice, email, web, fax, etc.) with computer systems.) for inbound and outbound was developed by me to streamline CSI Technologies call centre experience. For redundantly, the cluster was built in three different locations. Washington State, Loveland, Colorado and Phoenix, AZ were the locations that I designated for the VIOP leg of the call centre. I used Cisco routing hardware with OSPF enabled because it supported VLSM in which eliminated my shortage of IP addresses. The analog/VOIP backup solution used MPLS because packets carrying real-time traffic, such as voice or video, can easily be mapped to low-latency routes across the network — something that’s challenging with conventional routing.
Western Union San Francisco, CA.
Jan 2008- to date
? Cisco: IOS 12.1(13)EA1a-12.4(10)T; Juniper: JunOS 6.4
? NetScreen Firewalls (NS-5XP, NS-5GT, NS-500)
? OC-12, OC-3, DS3, T-1, Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet) FDDI, Token Ring.
? Routing Protocol (BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, IS-IS, NLSP), Routed Protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX).
? Implemented QoS, Weighted Fair Queuing, Priority Queuing, Custom Queuing, RSVP, RED, CAR.
? Implemented SNMP on devices to allow for network management
? Implementation of HP Openview Server for network management.
? Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
? Implementation of DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP.
? Punch Blocks, Tone Tracers, Repeaters, Modems, CSU/DSU, Professional Modular Plug Crimper.
? Win 95/98, Win-NT 4.0, Win 2000 Prof., Win 2000/2003 Server, MS Office, Lotus Notes, AutoCAD, Tango,
EDS ( General Motors) Loveland, CO
Sr. Network Engineer Contractor
Jan 2000- to date
? Installed financial transaction applications for Western Union across a WAN for 25 Safeway locations
? Conceived, marketed and implemented VOIP-PBX technology, call centers and Helpdesk infrastructure consisting of Cisco, Polycom, Snom and Aastra hardware.
? Established CSU/DSU, SIP connects and DID communication.
? Configuration and troubleshooting of CRS-1 routers, GSR 12k series routers, Install and perform testing for OC-3 and OC-12 APS circuit on Cisco GSR.
? Established impressive record of long term profit
? Maintained LAN/WAN, security, end-user functionality for wide range of clients
? Contracted for 8 years to maintain existing Gurus2go client network. As director of managed services, I maintained an average of 20 separate Windows server 2000/2003 and Cisco networks.
? CBeyond, Inc was a client where we installed 10 VOIP networks where I installed from the termination point to all hardware and call agents for 6 years.
? GM dealerships is where I maintained their Windows 2003 server, hosting and Avaya Phone system for 6 years.
Gurus2go, Inc. ,AZ,
2000- to date
Director Managed Services, Hercules California
Managed a team of up to 5 engineers, 50+ layer 3 switches / routers serving over 100 customers and 30 web servers. Hands on familiarity with products from Cisco, Nortel, Juniper, Aastra, Polycom, SNOM, Cisco VoIP equipment/software and Avaya in an on going as needed subcontracting capacity.
• Member of the final technical escalation team for all for 16 web hosting data centers network events and post sales customer support
• Lead engineer for the management of Managed Services.
• Member of the customer incident review team
• Team lead for the out of warranty Cisco equipment re-certification project for the US. Reduced equipment costs by over 50% through the phased implementing re-certified Cisco equipment.
• Networking team lead in the migration and integration of several GM Dealerships through EDS.
• Hands on team lead for the California rollout of 158 KinderCare locations check verification network.
• Team lead for the annual code upgrading process for all network devices.
• Member of the systems compatibility test systems lab responsible for verifying the functionality of various vendors' equipment, supplied by customers or internally, with existing infrastructure.
• Acting "Incident Manager" responsible for resolving issues that affect any customer’s network functionality in the absence of the Director of Networking.
I am a subcontractor so many jobs will crossover from one contracting firm to the other.
1995 - 2000 Solutions For Your Office Omaha, NE
Major Account Manager
? Acquired multiple new customers while maintaining current ones
? Managed LAN/WAN system sales and their maintenance
1997 - 1998 Multi Option System, Inc. Omaha, NE
? Recommended and sold custom database and CRM applications
? Demonstrated technological solutions using Java, PHP, FoxPro, others
1993 - 1995 Alpha-Laser, GmbH Germany
Part Owner / Marketing Manager
? Directed product marketing and development of recycled laser cartridges
? Interacted with teams, licensors, US offices, & reported to president
2007 - present ] TechSkills Oakland, CA
1990 - 1992 University of Stuttgart Germany
AS / Business Import/Export
1983 - 1986 Fayetteville Tech Fayetteville, NC
Coursework: Power Generation Technology
TECHNOLOGY: MS Exchange Admin, VOIP expert, Windows System Admin, Wireless SU/AP, Gurus2Go contractor, MS Office products, numerous industry software packages
EDUCATION: ? Freelance Photographer with advanced Photoshop experience
? US Army Military Service
? Fluency in German