4530 Golden Road, McKean, PA 16426
Cell: 814-434-2547 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Lance Writer and Photographer, 2009 – present. Free-lance writer and photographer for various local publications such as the Edinboro paper, Lake Erie Lifestyle Magazine, and the Her Times. I write for various individuals and organizations on a individual needs basis. Photographer for various sports teams at General McLane High School
Point Click Learn, Inc., Erie, PA, 1999-2011. Business owner and president of Point Click Learn. Sales representative: sold educational software to schools in OH and PA. Professional Trainer; Provider of technology integration training to schools, businesses, and private individuals; Software and Professional Development Consultant. Marketing, Sales Management, Ad writer.
• Tech Camps For Kids: April 2007 – 2010. Founder and Owner. Camps for children ages 7 – 14. Areas: robotics, stop-motion animation, video game design, graphic design, and 2nd Life. Wrote entire curriculum, designed courses, executed classes. Created this service product from scratch. Note: operated through Point Click Learn staff and computer lab. My goal was to create a model 21st Century Learning Environmnet for teachers.
• The Learning Lab: Aug. 2006 – 2011. Co-founder and Owner. Technology lab; Professional trainer; technology integration specialist; marketing and sales, and writer of all course materials. Designed and created the lab and all curriculm.
Note: operated through Point Click Learn staff and computer lab.
• Professional Speaker/Trainer: 1999 – Present. Speaker at national and state educational conferences. Regularly hired to speak at corporate national sales meetings in the business and in educational industries. Train professionals in areas of technology, business, sales, management, etc.
CCV Software, Charleston, West Virginia, 1996-1999.
• 1997-1999– Title: Instructional Technology Consultant. Provide assistants to superintendents, principals, technology directors, and teachers in the selection of educational software, deliver software presentations to administrators and faculties, and meet directly with technology and curriculum directors to determine software needs throughout Northeastern Ohio.
• 1996 - Title: Writer and Software Developer. Resonsibilities: researched background material, wrote text and dialog, designed layouts and settings for educational software.
Bayer Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1995-1996. Communications and PR Assistant to the Special Legal Attorney representing the CEO of Bayer USA. Duties included writing correspondence for Attorney Acorlie, wrote letters seeking political support from national congressman and senators, wrote letters seeking support of various lobiyist representing Bayer holdings and acquisitions. Helped design communications to build Bayer’s reputation in the community of Pittsburgh, attended special events with Attorney Acorlie to network with business and industry leaders as Bayer was seeking to build and maintain positive relationships with the general public, hospitals, university, nonprofit associations, and other organizations. Worked on projects and special events with the assistant to the CEO of Bayer.
Palm Bay High School, Melbourne, Florida, 1990-1995. Teacher of British,
American, and world literature; Director of Creative Writing Department and creative writing teacher; Teacher of high school and dual enrollment college Humanities; Co-director of school newspaper; and Director of Creative Writing Magazine. Extracurricular: organized and directed school creative writing contest, head coach of girls tennis team and varsity and junior varsity cheerleaders.
Mt. Carmel High School, Mt. Carmel, Illinois, 1987-1989. Teacher of Advanced Senior
English: composition and British Literature; Teacher of Freshman English: grammar, writing, and world literature. Took a group of Brit Lit students to England on a two week literary excusion. Extracurricular: Assistant Director of Junior Class Play, assistant girls volleyball coach, boys varsity soccer coach.
Masters of Arts, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida 1990- 1992. Major: English, Communications, and Research
Post-Bach International Studies, Cambridge University, Cambridge, England 1991. Major: British Literature and research
Bachelor of Science, University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana 1982 – 1987. Major: Secondary Education English. Minor: Reading. 3.5 GPA
Study Abroad, Harlaxton University, Graham, England 1984
Boonville High School, Boonville, Indiana. College Prepatory Courses. 3.5 GPA
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
(Total years experience in each particular area noted)
Fundaising/Grants: (Total 8 years) experience directing various events and organizational initiatives where it was necessary to acquire funds from companies, individuals, foundations, and state/federal funding sources. Responsible for creating and writing the materials needed to effectively and successfully seek funding. Experience meeting face to face with potential doners and investors to acquire necessary funding.Experience developing fundraising campaigns and action plans. Wrote grants along with schools (LEA’s) and other community organization.
Trainer/Professional Speaker: (Total 20 years) speaker at national and state educational conferences. Regularly hired to train at corporate national and local sales meetings in business and in educational industries. Hired as trainer/speaker for non-profits, federal agencies, and local businesses. Topics include: 21st Century Skills, technology integration, multi-age classroom, differentiated instruction, data-driven assessment, motivational topics for educators, sales and management training, etc. Social Media (FaceBook, LinkedIn), Web 2.0 (PodCasting and VodCasting, Wiki’s, Blogs, etc.), Email etiquette and on-line business application:
Marketing and advertising: (Total 13 years) organize and run marketing campaigns, build action plans for successful implementation, design and deliver print media and on-line advertising, graphic design and layout experience, work with local media on press releases and proper media coverage, involved in several commercials to advertise our “Tech Camps For Kids,” and appeared on TV several times through awards received.
Public Relations: (Total 13 years) building, branding, and developing Point Click Learn; networked with not only local Erie businesses and business professionals, but also State and National level business contacts; positioned, networked, strategized, and communicated a company’s vision and mission to reach goals.
Project Management: (Total 13 years) developed action plans to implement various projects, managed projects for successful integration of our software into hundreds of school systems, set up all personnel and delegated responsibilities for tasks set out in our project flow charts, designed along with our technician an on-line intranet tracking system where all members of the projects could enter information, track events, post issues, and document finished work within the scope of the projects.
Technology: (Total 25 years) experience with the following: all Microsoft software applications (Word, Power Point, Publisher, Excel, Access, Outlook). Web site content writing and on-line course development. Digital photography and photography software; Windows file management; video taping and editing; Web 2.0; Social media and social networking development
Writing: (Total 20 years) writing experience includes educational, private and partnership grants; educational youth and adult curriculum; subject area and computer training courses; strategic business and marketing plans; employee and business contracts; brochures, pamphlets, and fliers; training & employee manuals, marketing materials, newspaper articles, and ads; web site content writing and on-line course development.
Event Coordinator: (Total 13 years) coordinate, design, and facilitate large and small group events; conduct turn-key conferences; hire, schedule, and coordinate all vendors (speakers, caterers, etc.)
Photographer: (Total 15 years) professional photographer. Personally hired to shoot weddings, senior portraits, and special events. Freelance photographer for Edinboro Newspaper, PA MileSplits, and other local newspapers. Specialities: sports, landscapes, wildlife. (Sample work on FaceBook sites: Lancer Cross Country and Track & Field; Isabells Painted Gardens)
My family, church, all sports, everything outdoors, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, traveling, reading classical literature, studying art, sewing, landscape architecture and garden design, photography, riding 4-wheelers, and riding horses.
• Dan Hawkins, Superintendent, Brockway SD, Brockway, PA: School phone: 814-265-8411 Email: email@example.com
• Bob Wooler, Director, The NonProfit Partnership, Erie, PA: Phone: 814-454-8800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jake Rouch, Vice President, Erie Regional Chamber of Commerce, Erie, PA: Phone: 814-434-3666 Email: email@example.com
• Debbie Thompson, President and Owner, Strategy Solutions, Erie, PA: Phone: 814-480-8000 Email: Debbie@getstrategy.com
• Tom Pysz, Director of Corporate and Foundation Support, WQLN Public Media, Erie, PA: Phone: 814-4342342, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• James Martin, Community Affairs Director, Highmark Inc., Erie, PA: Phone: 814-449-5530 Email: email@example.com