To write and publish my work in a variety of publications.
Prairie Spirit School Division: Manitoba Sept. 2011 - Present
? Substituted grades 1-12.
? Helped organize and run Remembrance Day ceremonies.
? Coach of the junior varsity boy’s basket-ball team.
Teacher- Grade 6
Clifford International School: Guangzhou, China 2008-2011
? Taught the North American school curriculum to students from all over Asia.
? Wrote and made several speeches to the school on a variety of topics.
? Co-taught with teachers from the U.S.A, Iran, Canada, Scotland, Australia and New Zealand.
Life care worker
Association Community Living: Selkirk, Mb 2004-2008
? Provided twenty four hour care to a gentleman with severe disabilities.
? Organized field trips, work days and trips to the supermarket.
? Organized and participated in a day program including jobs, journal writing, reading, exercise and socialization.
• B.Ed. Major/Minor: History/English Senior Years, University of Winnipeg, 2006
• B.A. (Integrated Program with Department of Education), University of Winnipeg, 2006
• Senior Matriculation, Lord Selkirk Regional Comprehensive Secondary School, 2001
• Class elected Valedictorian, University of Winnipeg, 2006
• Scholarship Winner, Aboriginal Business Council, 2002, 2003, 2004
• Millennium Scholarship Winner, Royal Sea Cadets of Canada , 2000
Reading, writing, camping, history, current events, restoring my vintage car
I have been published several times. The first published writing was a classic car article in the automotive magazine “Winnipeg Cruise”. I submitted and published several articles in a community newspaper “Clifford Times” during my time as a teacher in China. Most recently “Recon Rag”, an international magazine based out of England, will be publishing my article on Eugene Stoner in the January issue.
Having recently completed my first novel I am now looking to expand my portfolio and write for a variety of publications and areas of interest. I am fully capable in last minute situations and I have many hobbies giving me a base of knowledge of a wide variety of subjects.
Thank you for your interest.