Yvon S. Descieux
ASSOCIATED FOREIGN EXCHANGE INC, , ENCINO, CA UNITED STATES
US Credit Manager, Jan 2010 – Oct 2011
• Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values,
legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
• Confer with traders to identify and communicate risks associated with specific trading strategies and
• Develop and implement risk-assessment models and methodologies.
• Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of
• Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
• Meet with clients to answer queries on such subjects as risk exposure, market scenarios, and
• Consult financial literature to ensure use of the latest models and statistical techniques.
• Produce reports and presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, and recommend
• Review and draft risk disclosures for offer documents.
• Devise systems and processes to monitor validity of risk modeling outputs.
Policy & Procedures Writer, Jan 2010 – Oct 2011
• Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and
purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
• Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
• Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or
• Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems,
procedures, or organizational changes.
• Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications,
information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
• Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and
methods, equipment, and personnel used.
• Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
WELLS FARGO BANK, CHINO HILLS, CA UNITED STATES
Business Banker, Nov 2007 – Dec 2012
• Explain to individuals and groups the details of financial assistance available to college and
university students, such as loans, grants, and scholarships.
• Explain and document for clients the types of services that are to be provided, and the
responsibilities to be taken by the personal financial advisor.
• Build and maintain client bases, keeping current client plans up-to-date and recruiting new clients on
an ongoing basis.
• Interview clients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status,
financial objectives, risk tolerance, and other information needed to develop a financial plan.
• Review clients' accounts and plans regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes,
or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment.
• Recommend strategies clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including
specific recommendations in such areas as cash management, insurance coverage, and investment
• Open accounts for clients, and disburse funds from account to creditors as agents for clients.
• Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients'
• Guide clients in the gathering of information such as bank account records, income tax returns, life
and disability insurance records, pension plan information, and wills.
• Contact clients periodically to determine if there have been changes in their financial status.
ENVIROUNITY, CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA UNITED STATES
Project Manager for E-Waste Solutions, Apr 2007 – Dec 2009
• Implement grant-funded projects, monitoring and reporting progress in accordance with sponsoring
• Make presentations to educate the public on how to recycle or on the environmental advantages of
• Prepare grant applications to fund recycling programs or program enhancements.
• Maintain logs of recycling materials received or shipped to processing companies.
• Create or manage recycling operations budgets.
• Inspect physical condition of recycling or hazardous waste facility for compliance with safety, quality,
and service standards.
• Assign truck drivers or recycling technicians to routes.
• Operate fork lifts, skid loaders, or trucks to move or store recyclable materials.
• Supervise recycling technicians, community service workers, or other recycling operations
employees or volunteers.
• Coordinate shipments of recycling materials with shipping brokers or processing companies.
• Negotiate contracts with waste management or other firms.
• Prepare bills of lading, statements of shipping records, or customer receipts related to recycling or
hazardous material services.
• Review customer requests for service to determine service needs and deploy appropriate resources
to provide service.
• Oversee recycling pick-up or drop-off programs to ensure compliance with community ordinances.
• Develop community or corporate recycling plans and goals to minimize waste and conform to
• Oversee campaigns to promote recycling or waste reduction programs in communities or private
• Provide training to recycling technicians or community service workers on topics such as safety,
solid waste processing, or general recycling operations.
• Schedule movement of recycling materials into and out of storage areas.
• Coordinate recycling collection schedules to optimize service and efficiency.
• Identify or investigate new opportunities for materials to be collected and recycled.
COUNTRYWIDE BANK, WEST COVINA, CA UNITED STATES
Credit Analyst, Jul 2006 – Oct 2007
• Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending
credit or lending money.
• Confer with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
• Analyze financial data such as income growth, quality of management, and market share to
determine expected profitability of loans.
• Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for
• Consult with customers to resolve complaints and verify financial and credit transactions.
• Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of
similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
• Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data,
payment history, and purchase activity.
• Complete loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to
loan committees for approval.
• Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers' financial status.
AMERIQUEST MORTGAGE CO., CERRITOS, CA UNITED STATES
Purchase Loan Manager, Feb 2004 – Jun 2006
• Maintain working knowledge of various factors that determine a farm's capacity to produce, including
agricultural variables and proximity to market centers and transportation facilities.
• Monitor fulfillment of purchase contract terms to ensure that they are handled in a timely manner.
• Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold, in order to determine its
competitive market price.
• Supervise agents who handle real estate transactions.
• Generate lists of properties for sale, their locations and descriptions, and available financing options,
• Maintain awareness of current income tax regulations, local zoning, building and tax laws, and
growth possibilities of the area where a property is located.
• Check work completed by loan officers, attorneys, and other professionals to ensure that it is
• Arrange for title searches of properties being sold.
• Develop, sell, or lease property used for industry or manufacturing.
• Manage and operate real estate offices, handling associated business details.
• Review property details to ensure that environmental regulations are met.
• Maintain knowledge of real estate law, local economies, fair housing laws, and types of available
mortgages, financing options and government programs.
• Give buyers virtual tours of properties in which they are interested, using computers.
• Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers over property prices and
settlement details, and during the closing of sales.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT GREENSBORO, GREENSBORO, NC UNITED STATES
Health Sciences/Biology, June 1999
• Academic Scholarship Recipient for entire collegiate career.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, PHOENIX, AZ UNITED STATES
Business Administration, Accounting and Operations, October 2008
• Content Writer for screenplays, websites, content and independent publications.
• Securities and Investments Assessment Certification (2008)
• Public Speaking
• CA CBEST Certification
• CA Real Estate Sales License
• Grade 4 Staff Analyst I, San Bernardino County, San Bernardino CA (2008)
• SOX, Patriot ACT, Truth in Lending
• Microsoft Office Software