McGee & Gelman
Paralegal (July 2009 – Present)
• Drafting and revising pleadings and correspondence.
• Administration of multi-million dollar estate, including managing numerous financial accounts, sales of properties and vehicles, and handling various trusts and foundations.
• Creating patent claims charts and conducting initial patent infringement analyses.
Legal Secretary /Receptionist (May 2004 – July 2009)
• Personal assistant to partner.
• Office manager.
• Reception work.
Office Clerk (July 2001 – May 2004)
• Proofreading and assembling pleadings and correspondence.
• Upkeep of legal library. Developed library indexing system for the office.
• Billing. Developed billing status tracking system for the office.
• General secretarial duties (copying, typing, dictation, creation and maintenance of files).
(July 2011 – Present)
• Proofreading, copyediting, and copywriting for client ads, press releases, business correspondence, articles, and other publications. Often responsible for rush projects that demand quick turnaround.
• Clients include marketing/PR consultants, small businesses, and individuals.
Cordelia Calls It Quits
Blogger (November 2010 – Present)
• Weekly and biweekly posting on the topics of lifestyle design and self-improvement.
• Featured on numerous blogs, including A-list blogs like The Middle Finger Project and Courage 2 Create.
• Chosen as Wordpress.com “Freshly Pressed” featured blogger twice within first month of blogging.
• Recently spotlighted as one of “40 Rising Bloggers Who Are Heating Up This Summer” on the blog Get Busy Living.
Contributing Blogger (September 2011 – Present)
• Bimonthly posts on the topics of careers, lifestyle design, and the young professional life.
Talking Phone Book
Copyeditor (Spring 2005)
• Copyediting of proofs.
• Data entry and verification.
• Confirmation of customer listings.
Living Forge literary journal
Assistant Editor/Chief Copyeditor (2004 – 2005)
• Reviewing fiction, non-fiction, and poetry submissions.
• Correspondence with authors.
• Conducting author recordings, including recording of former Poet Laureate Billy Collins.
Canisius College Quadrangle literary journal
Assistant Editor (2003-2004)
• Reviewing fiction and poetry submissions.
• Organization of and participation in publication party with author readings.
Kenmore West Chronicle newspaper
Editor in Chief (1999-2000); Assistant Editor (1998-1999); Staff Writer (1996-1998)
• Running staff meetings.
• Reviewing and editing submissions.
• Layout and formatting of issues.
• Reporting on school events; feature articles on staff and students; opinion pieces.
• Adaptable writing style.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Highly organized and capable of managing multiple priorities on a tight deadline.
• Extremely motivated self-starter.
• Graduated Summa *** Laude with a B.A. in English Studies and Religious Studies.
• Focus on creative writing, non-fiction writing.
• Member of English Honors and All-College Honors Programs.
• Studied Abroad at London Metropolitan University in Spring 2003, including additional travels to France, Ireland, Scotland, Italy and Switzerland.
References available upon request.