Bachelor of Arts in English (May 2003)
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
? Cumulative GPA: 3.89/4.0
? Recipient of Robert L. Morgan (English) Scholarship
? Dean’s List each semester of college and graduated with high honors
? Member of Phi Theta Kappa & Sigma Tau Delta (English) Honor Societies
Certified Personal Trainer - AFPA (October 2011)
Certified Nutrition & Wellness Consultant & Weight Management Consultant - AFPA (August 2011)
Freelance Editor, Enago
• Edit academic and scientific manuscripts and journals on various topics, including science and psychology.
Freelance Writer, Demand Media Studios
• Publish dozens of original, grammatically correct articles on Livestrong.com and Ehow.com.
• Submit quality content on tight deadlines and complete any necessary revisions prior to publication.
• Research and provide relevant references for topics including health and fitness, criminal justice, travel, entertainment, relationships, science and nature, finance and business.
Freelance Technical Writer/Editor, Bushi.do
June 2011-August 2011 (contract)
• Wrote and edited technical content for a web development company based in Silicon Valley.
Youth Counselor/Juvenile Probation Officer, Kane County Court Services, St. Charles, IL
April 2006-November 2009
• Provided comprehensive case management services to hundreds of youth involved in the juvenile justice system and supervised youth housed in juvenile detention.
• Conducted background and social history investigations, collaborated with families, schools and social service agencies, wrote court reports, created and organized case files, conducted meetings.
Technical Writer/Editor, ACS Group
September 2004-April 2006
• Created technically accurate and grammatically correct documentation including operation/installation manuals, price pages, product catalogs and technical specification sheets.
• Reviewed existing documentation for consistency and accuracy, coordinated quarterly marketing revisions, interacted with plastics manufacturing/engineering subject matter experts and equipment.
Windows/Mac OS, MS Office (all versions), Corel WordPerfect, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat