As a detail-oriented designer, I strive to create inspirational spaces, products, and graphics from concept to completed project. My strategy for a dynamic design involves an open mind, teamwork, and risk-taking. My goal is to enhance the surrounding community with a lasting product that meets the client’s needs and vision.
Bachelor of Science: Interior Architecture: The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Honors: Honors Graduate, Dean’s List, Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Sorority
Fulltime Receptionist/ Cashier Tulley Automotive: BMW Nashua, NH Current
• Proficient at: Multi-tasking
• BMW Boutique visual merchandiser
• Keep inventory and place orders on café, office, and boutique supplies
• Deliver high-end customer service to BMW customers on a daily basis
Assistant Designer/Intern Jigsaw Solutions Greensboro, NC 2010
• Product, showroom, and homestaging design firm
• Assisted with freelance custom lamp and furniture design
• Created product sheets including line drawings, renderings, isometric views, and product information
• Helped develop line of massage chair ottomans and corresponding showroom in Shanghai
• Helped organize and arrange Nautica showroom
• Maintained fabric catalog
Assistant Designer/Intern Cathy Kert Interiors Nashua, NH Summer 2009
• Residential/commercial interior design and homestaging firm
• Contacted sales representatives with inquiries and orders
• Selected fabric options and designs for window treatments
• Customer data entry
• Assisted with installations
• Organized and managed retail storefront
Teacher Assistant History and Theory of Design UNCG Spring 2008
• Focused discussion group among 10 students
• Graded quizzes, edited papers, and reviewed and provided feedback on student work
Chair Exhibition Project Manager IAR 411 UNCG Fall 2009
• Co-designed class exhibition space, collaborating with class of 50 students
• As a class, designed and built life-size chairs in pairs of two, using the book “The Chair,” by Galen Cranz, as a reference
• Aside from our chairs, my partner and I collaborated to design the exhibition space in our studio including how to display the information as well as the chairs themselves.
• Came up with cohesive design using color and form
• Helped install cohesive parts of exhibit
Salvation Army Select Studio Greensboro, NC Fall 2009
• A new, boutique-style Salvation Army store was moving in and needed volunteer design and installation help
• Led a team of classmates with designing and building large storage units for sorting and organizing donations
• Helped design and build wall-mounted coat-hanger storage and organizer device
• Acted as main correspondent with client in order to meet specifications and needs
Urban Studio: My Sister’s House Studio Greensboro, NC Spring 2009
• Worked with a team of 25 students to construct a 4,500 sq. ft. multi-family home for teen mothers and their children.
• Gained first-hand experience working with materials such as insulated concrete forms and water-proofing membranes.
• Helped construct foundation, wall, roof, and flooring systems as well as constructing masonry columns.
ON-GOING CERTIFICATION STUDIES
Webpage Design Certificate
• Online course through Penn Foster Career School
• Nine Instruction Sets that walk through web design techniques.
• Includes instruction on web design graphics, internet server environments, multimedia design, website management, and java programming.
• Accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools