Cape Fear Community College. Wilmington, NC. (May 2009)
A.A.S in Interior Design. Deans list.
• AutoCAD Architectural, Dream Draper, Google SketchUp, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and QuickBooks.
• Hand drafting and rendering of 2D and 3D visuals with watercolor or marker medium.
• Knowledgeable of fabrics, finishes, and design applications.
Crystal Carpet. Wilmington, NC (April 2011-present)
Assist customers with flooring selections appropriate for their home or business.
Measure job locations and estimate materials needed to complete job. Set up installation and follow up through project from beginning to end.
Collect payments and break down cost and margins for each sale.
Procure business leads by attending local networking events, and calling on contractors and real estate companies.
Cunningham Designs. San Francisco, CA (February 2010-October 2010)
• Acquired and returned samples from the SF Design Center. Assisted in selection of paint colors and textiles.
• Measured and drew floor plans for designs.
• Organized company samples and input prospective clients into database for advertising.
• Implemented & updated floral designs in spas that had previously been designed by the owner.
Dryfast Restoration. San Francisco, CA (February 2010-October 2010)
Office Manager/Inside Sales
• Managed daily office duties including A/P, A/R, and collections. Successfully collected 10k + in delinquent funds within a 3 month period.
• Answered phones and informed prospective customers of various services depending on their demonstrated need. Set up appointments for service and dispatched teams accordingly.
• Trained new employees and implemented new ways to make business run more efficiently.
• Ordered construction materials and set up outside contractors when needed.
Doggie Boogie. San Francisco, CA (November 2009-February 2010)
Set Dresser/Art Department
• Prepared set for shooting of moving scenes in accordance with the directors vision. Aided in making props and helped construct rooms. Worked closely with all teams and provided aid to troubleshoot and rapidly fix problems that would arise on set.
LoadMatch Logistics and Brokerage. Wilmington, NC (June 2009 – November 2009, January 2011 - March 2011)
• Serviced customers importing and exporting goods through the Norfolk and Baltimore ports. Kept their transportation costs down by negotiating delivery rates, and matching containers of import and export loads delivering and picking up in the same geographic area.
• Grew business by establishing relationships with transportation companies and informing customers of upcoming equipment that would be near their shipping facility.
• Managed traffic of imports and exports by following up on appointment times, ensuring containers were picked up and delivered through port authority sites, and communicating all processes to the customer.
Maid to Perfection. Wilmington, NC (December 2006 – September 2009)
• Estimated job costs for residential and commercial customers interested in cleaning service.
• Grew business by advertising with local contractors, real estate companies, and home owners.
• Prepared spreadsheets for accountant
• Maintained daily accounts receivable and payable transactions in QuickBooks, including payroll and mileage for employees.
Oldcastle Adams Products. Raleigh/Wilmington, NC (June 2000 – January 2007)
Residential Sales Coordinator
• Procured sales leads by reviewing building permits, contractor permits, cold calling on job sites where masonry work was present, and attending local contractor association meetings.
• Worked closely with architects, contractors, and residential customers providing estimates of material, specifications, and samples of product.
• Ordered product and set up delivery to job sites within scheduled deadlines.
• Surpassed sales goals by researching new products that were available to the company and introducing them to customers who were buying from other suppliers.
• Lead and participated in quarterly inventories. Entered all production into inventory system, tracking from kiln to available inventory.
• Learned all aspects of business and advanced through promotions. Started in accounts payable, moved to inside sales, yard supervisor, dispatcher, and residential sales coordinator.
Other Related Experience
Debby Gomulka Designs. Wilmington, NC (April 2009 - June 2009)
• Took interior and exterior pictures of historical home under construction to show design process.
• Matched paint swatches to existing tile and wall coverings.
• Attended local trade shows to educate consumers on sustainable design concepts and answer questions on how they could upgrade existing home appliances and practices to make their home green.
Azalea Festival Parade of Homes. Wilmington, NC (April 2009)
Staged furniture and accessories, and gave guided tours to visitors of historic home.
LifePoint Church. Wilmington, NC (July 2008 – April 2009)
Met weekly with a group of high school students to discuss areas of peer pressure, college options, and brainstorm ways to help the community.
Also participated in local beach sweeps and school beautification projects.
First Fruit Ministries. Wilmington, NC (March 2008 – July 2008)
Prepared and delivered food to the elderly and disabled. Cleaned up homes and yards of people in the community. Aided in finding furniture and clothing for underprivileged families.
A.S.I.D. American Society of Interior Designers. North Carolina chapter.