Xiaoxue (Katie) Liu
• MA in Animation, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA (2011).
• BFA in Graphic Design, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT (2006).
o Honor Student, Presidential Scholarship.
• BFA in Drawing Program, Nanjing Arts Institute, Jiangsu, China (2003).
• 3D Modeling, 3D Lighting, Concept design, Storyboard, Matte Painting, Illustration Design
Computer Software Skills:
• Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Painter, Nuke, Adobe After Effect, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Flash, FlipBook, and Microsoft Office.
Fine Art Skills:
• Painting: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, and ink
• Printmaking: Wood cut, etching, lithography, and Screen-printing
Career Related Work Experiences:
• Art teacher in American School of Asian Culture, Durham, NC and Champion Learning Academy, Morrisville, NC (June 2011 to now)
• Independent Art teacher and Freelance Artist (May 2010 to now)
• Teaching Assistant for digital modeling, lighting and texture class, Animation program, Savannah College of Art and Design (Fall Semester, 2009).
• Student Volunteer at SIGGRAPH 2008, Los Angeles, CA (Augusta, 2008).
• Worked as a teacher in Red Yellow and Blue Art School, Flushing, NY (June 2006 - December 2006).
• ESPN Project Competition “ESPN Mobile for 2007 Winter Olympic Game” Design, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT (September 2006 - November 2006).
• Art Director in Asian Club, East Los Angeles College, Los Angeles, CA (February 2004 - June 2004).
• Internship as Graphic Designer in Jiangsu Art Publication, China (June 2001 - August 2001).
Awards in Competitions:
? Selected into Citrus Cel "Design in character" Student Competition, Citrus Cel Festival, Atlantic Beach, FL (March 25, 2010).
? The project of “Mulan Garden” qualified for 2010 Disney ImagiNation Competition (Feb 22, 2010).
? The illustration works of “ Baby Tigers” and “The Girl and Tiger” exhibited in Chinese Spring Festival Exhibition, Flushing Hall, Flushing, NY (March, 2010)
? The project of “Bubble Tea” qualified for 2008 Disney ImagiNation competition (Feb 2008).
? The work “ESPN Mobile” was elected into the student gallery of the University of Bridgeport website, Bridgeport, CT (December 2006)
? The work of “Night” was elected into the National Art Academic Print-making Exhibition, China (December 2002).
? The work of “The Old Man” was elected into the Jiangsu Print-making Exhibition, China (October 2000).
Fluent in Chinese mandarin.