CAREER RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Penfield Children’s Center, Milwaukee, WI September 2008-January 2011
Bilingual Service Coordinator/Case Manager
Responsible for managing and coordinating therapy services for children in Milwaukee County who receive services through Wisconsin’s Birth-to-Three Program.
- Provide bilingual intake for initial developmental assessment and development of Individualized Service Plan
- Manage case work load of up to 47 clients at one given time
- Coordinate team review of therapy services every 6 months with ongoing therapy providers for each family
- Regularly correspond with physicians, social workers and other professionals in the community
- Translate documents and business correspondence from English to Spanish as well as interpret for therapists during therapy sessions and team meetings
- Proofread and edit final copies of Family Program Flyers for upcoming events in English and Spanish
YUGO Ministries, National City, CA September 2007- August 2008
Reports and works directly with director’s wife to coordinate all outreach planning for teams in the U.S. and Canada doing ministry in Mexico.
- Assist in preparing and shipping training boxes for teams using UPS Worldship software, as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Contact team leaders via telephone, fax, and email to follow up on training and answer questions about the outreach
- Assist in planning out craft curriculum for Women’s and Children’s Ministry Lessons
- Proofread Spanish for all outreach materials including Women’s and Children’s Lessons and Curriculum
- General Office Duties: answering telephone, correspondence through fax and email, and cleaning warehouse
Time Investment Company, Inc., West Bend, WI January 2006–August 2007
Bilingual Dealer Services Representative
Responsible for communicating in Spanish and English with dealers/distributors through phone, e-mail, fax, and mail correspondence.
- Assist in problem solving with issues between dealers and customers related to merchandise, loans, bank accounts, and informing/setting up accounts with new dealers
- Determinations on acceptance or decline of loans for customers by viewing and analyzing credit reports and buyer information.
YUGO Ministries, San Dimas, CA June 2005 - August 2005
- Assisted U.S. and Canadian Church groups working with local Mexican churches throughout Tijuana and Rosarito, Baja California, Mexico.
- Translated songs, lessons, and crafts for children
University of California-San Diego Extension (UCSD) Graduated December 2011 Professional Certificate in Translation- Spanish/English (ATA approved)
University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire Graduated December 2005
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Major: Spanish (Business emphasis)
Minors: Latin American Studies
Cumulative GPA: 3.3 (*** Laude Graduate)
International Experience: Cuernavaca, Mexico Summer 2004
Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Studies (Spanish: Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey or ITESM Institute)
- interacted with host family
- experienced cultural landmarks
- learned to appreciate cultural diversity
Sigma Delta Pi (National Hispanic Honor Society) 2004-present
- Secretary (2004)
- helped facilitate initiation
- contributed to annual International Folk Fair
American Translator’s Association (ATA) 2005 and 2007