Master of Liberal Studies, Graduate School, University of Minnesota
Graduated August 2011 3.7 GPA
Bachelor of Arts, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota 3.4 GPA
Majors: English Literature, 3.76 GPA Anthropology, 2.98 GPA Minor: Medieval Studies
Work Experience /Volunteer/Community Involvement Experience
The Fund for Public Interest Research, Minneapolis, MN
Canvasser, Trainer, Social Coordinator May 2006-August 2006
• Provided the public with information about environmental issues
• Trained new employees in procedures, issues and communication
• Planned activities for employees to promote camaraderie
New Richmond High School, New Richmond, WI
Assistant/Observer September 2007-December 2007
• Worked with students to prepare projects for contests and competitions
• Edited and discussed assignments with students
The ************ Project, Minneapolis, MN
Transcriber October 2006-December 2006
• Transcribed interviews with *** workers to aid in research for a project which aimed to provide economic opportunities and counseling for women involved in ************.
Franklin Learning Center, Minneapolis, MN
Tutor January 2006-May 2006
• Worked with adults of diverse ethnic backgrounds to help them earn their citizenship, attain a GED or complete other coursework.
• Organized a community involvement event for families of students
Undergraduate Anthropology Conference (The Anthropology of Play)
• Helped Choose and Contact Speakers and Panelists.
• Proficient in PC computer software (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Power Point and Pagemaker).
• Experienced at working with people of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds
• Proficient in Spanish
Goldsmiths, University of London (2007)
“Through Children’s Eyes”. A Celebration of Young Poets: Minnesota and Wisconsin 2003. Logan, UT: Creative Communications Inc. 2004. Print.