John C. Peters
OBJECTIVE: Experienced senior designer seeks a challenging position in architectural, structural, ship or pool design where expert technical and interpersonal skills, combined with availability to travel can be fully utilized and further developed.
Siska Aurand Landscape Architects June 2006 - Present
· Designed site and pool drawing sets for commercial and residential applications.
· Aligned shop drawings between our architects and private contractors.
· Adhered to code for appropriately sizing pumps, plumbing and filters for various commercial and residential pools.
· Researched a variety of cost factors for projects to report to landscape architect.
· Created positive working relationships with clients, contractors, and colleagues to facilitate problem-solving and project satisfaction.
Northrop Grumman November 2001 – May 2006
Associate Designer, Structural Overhaul
· Determined design repairs for a wide array of structures on naval aircraft carriers.
· Delivered accurate AutoCAD drawings and material lists while adhering to strict deadlines and budgets.
· Obtained confidential security clearance for federal contracts.
· Accessed secure archives of architectural drawings on mediums such as vellum and microfiche for project research and development.
· Coordinated and kept open lines of communication with multiple disciplines to maintain high standards of quality.
Triangle Tech October 2000 – June 2001
· Maintained over forty computer workstations for cleanliness and functionality.
· Tutored groups of students in multiple math disciplines including basic math, algebra, geometry, and statics of strengths of materials.
· Assisted Design teachers in locating, reproducing, and distributing materials.
Triangle Tech 1999 - 2000
Associates Degree in Specialized Technology
Smethport Area High School 1994 – 1998
Multiple design software including AutoCAD, Microstation, CATIA, Mechanical Desktop, and Inventor
PC proficient, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook e-mail