University of Pennsylvania, Graduate School of Education, Philadelphia, PA
Master of Science in Education, May 2011
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) program
- Cumulative GPA: 3.42
Yangtze University, Hubei, China
Bachelor of Arts, June 2005
Major: Business English
- Cumulative GPA: 3.5
Mandarin Chinese Translator, FACTS School, Philadelphia, PA 8/2011-Present
- Translated official school documents and letters to parents from English to Chinese.
Chinese Teacher, Main Line Chinese Center, Philadelphia, PA 7/2011-Present
- Taught Mandarin Chinese to twelve students of different language levels from 7-8 years old at a summer camp.
- Prepared own lesson plans that included arts and crafts, Chinese stories, and songs.
-Taught Mandarin to Chinese heritage speakers and CSL learners on weekends.
English Teaching Intern, Lutheran Children & Family Services, 1/2011- 3/2011
- Provided Beginner Survival English class to recent immigrants in Philadelphia.
- Responsible for preparing lesson plans, conduct assessment of student language proficiency.
Online English Tutor, Tutor ABC, Taipei, Taiwan 11/2008 – 3/2010
- Taught beginner and intermediate conversational English online to individuals or small groups of 2-6 students.
-Managed individualized learning, assessing learners’ needs, skills, and achievements.
English Teacher, English First Company, Shanghai, China 7/2009 - 6/2010
- Provided conversational English classes for small groups of 1-4 students.
- Organized English corners with students to engage them fully in English-speaking environment.