SUSAN W. DAVIES
809 NW 7th Street ~ Oklahoma City, OK 73106
405-272-3053 Home email@example.com 405-627-2782 Mobile
Dedicated, loyal professional with expertise managing, planning, and directing administrative functions for executive-level staff evidenced by my position with Walters Power International and serving the office of the Governor of Oklahoma. Results-driven with strong business acumen and a record of accurately managing information/correspondence, completing research, communicating, and reporting. Excellent analytical, critical-thinking, and problem solving aptitude to manage large-scale projects to completion, contributing to the bottom-line. Patient, discreet administrator with solid relationship management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. Adept with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks. Expert cross-level communicator and negotiator with superb interpersonal skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels and across cultures.
Walters Power International 2005-2010
• Delivered “best in class” customer service by providing respectful customer interactions and cultivating customer relationships through providing a “personal touch” to customer interactions, resulting in improved and timely collection of tenants rent.
• Monitored and lowered costs, including review of cellular telephone plan, resulting in a $1,500 monthly savings by implementing plan changes and eliminating unnecessary services.
• Analyzed Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, identified efficient methods to collect/spend funds, saved $6,000 after two months in position by bringing a habitually late tenant current.
• Directed activities and details for Knights of Columbus dinner that raised $150,000; tracked all contributions and correspondence, prepared seating charts/name tags; organized a silent auction for the dinner, raising $7,500.
• Supervised all details of a discovered break-in, including notifying police, meeting with insurance investigator, coordinating insurance company activities (completed required paperwork for claim settlement), resulting in all claims accepted/paid in full.
Governor’s Office 1990-1995
• National Governor’s Conference: Co-Chaired and contributed to the successful bid to host the President and Vice-President of the United States, 50 governors, and 1200 corporate participants throughout “The Most Hospitable NGA Ever”.
• Guest Speaker: Selected to appear in two National Governors’ Association seminars in Washington D.C. to share information on effective implementation of digitization and data entry projects.
• Campaign Chairwoman: Led State Question 1017 re: Education, “No Repeal Campaign”.
• Co-Chair: “Oklahoma Best” Pro-Lottery Campaign and “Project Welcome Home” event honoring Desert Storm veterans, including a two-hour television special.
SUSAN W. DAVIES Page Two
CC’s COSMETOLOGY COLLEGES 2011 –Currently – 2 Colleges in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Idabel and Texarkana, Arkansas and Texarkana, Texas
In the position of Business Manager I am responsible for all Accounts Payable and Receivables, all functions of payroll, the title VI admissions with our students and the submissions to the Federal Department of Education of all six colleges. I also process all mail and post all accounts payable to the proper school and vendor. I also monitor cash flow, post to Quick Books and balance daily 3 checking accounts.
WALTERS POWER INTERNATIONAL 2005-2010
• Reviewed/coded invoices for payment or further review, and evaluated/processed all office/company supply requests.
• Managed all travel requests; booked employee travel.
• Liaised between departments, building cooperation and a sense of “team”.
• Supervised all mail handling, including dividing mail for posting to different entities within the company and posting/depositing incoming checks to proper accounts (eight accounts).
• Downloaded online bank statements, for multiple credit cards, into Microsoft Excel and posted to appropriate company; entered information into QuickBooks for payment scheduling.
• Examined/revamped antiquated filing system for Accounting Department that improved the efficiency of invoice retrieval; handled all filing of invoices.
• Controlled/organized processing of vendor account requests, and provided follow-up with vendors to assure completion of account setup.
• Scanned OPI III invoices for Tulsa property, enabling mailing/approval from actual invoices.
• Administered event ticket purchases and maintained an attendance spreadsheet for tax purposes.
• Assisted tax accountant with account audit.
• Commanded farm activities/upkeep, including recording land activities in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and maintaining land, ensuring guests had continuous availability of property.
• Coordinated “Classen Beautiful” fundraising drive, including mailing of solicitation letters, posting of incoming contributions, and distribution of thank you letters.
• Organized/managed details for the Krumme Center; created leases, ensured lease signing, and directed the delegation of maintenance and resolution of daily issues.
• Mentored new assistant for CEO, providing training on company policies and procedures.
• Received superior performance evaluation ratings.
JANA FERRELL & ASSOCIATES, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 2004-2005
• Reduced a 2-3 day data entry process to a one-hour Excel spreadsheet import via template creation.
• Initiated scanning and database processes to streamline paperless document storage and retrieval.
• Enhanced company image and improved morale by minimizing errors, and ensuring speedy contract fulfillment through numerous process/automation improvements.
• Decreased return mailings 50% by initiating a tracking and quality control process.
HEARTLAND HEALTH PLAN OF OKLAHOMA, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 2003-2004
• Managed Fraud/Abuse reporting through hotline monitoring, investigation, and reporting, as well as presentations and documentation of monthly case reviews.
• Directed policy/procedure changes through review and decision phases by organizing meetings in accordance with Oklahoma Statutes, generating and distributing advance agendas, and recording meeting minutes.
• Advised and counseled staff as Compliance Officer, in the event of misconduct or impropriety.
SUSAN W. DAVIES Page Three
OKLAHOMA CORPORATION COMISSION, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 2001-2003
• Volunteered to educate customers and employees in use of public database, decreasing direct phone requests by 50%; selected to present database capabilities to statewide representatives.
• Advised customers and attorneys regarding agency Rules of Practice and Oklahoma Statutes.
STATEWIDE CAMPAIGN SQ 695, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 2001
Director of Campaign Scheduling
• Scheduled campaign activities for 10 public speakers at events (100+) statewide.
• Managed statewide campaign logistics by securing and scheduling speakers, promotional materials, transportation, and lodging.
• Organized campaign debate appearances, including selection of appropriate speakers per topic, and negotiation of debate format/rules.
• Collaborated with Campaign Chairman on numerous projects, including volunteer recruiting and commercial casting.
SOUTHPOINTE CHEVROLET, Tulsa, Oklahoma 1999-2000
Sales Associate / Finance and Insurance Assistant
• Awarded, Top Regional GM Sales Associate for 2000 by attaining a customer service index of 3.95/4.00.
• Developed training for sales associates, and a gross profit analysis system.
ADAMS MARK HOTEL, Tulsa, Oklahoma 1998-1999
Convention Services Manager
• Received highest service rating “Superior” as Convention Service Manager, for entire company.
VILLAGE INN MOTEL & RESTAURANT, Hugo, Oklahoma 1996-1998
• Directed a staff of 20 in operations, training, and resolving special event/convention issues.
GOVERNOR’S OFFICE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 1990-1995
Scheduler / Director of Special Projects
• Managed a staff of three in developing briefings, talking points, and presentation visuals.
• Coordinated logistical activities, including press appearances, security, and transportation.
• Maximized advertising efforts, and increased tourism revenue through collaboration with local/ statewide government officials.
MARY BALDWIN COLLEGE, Staunton, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology