IT BUSINESS ANALYST
TECHNICAL WRITING / DOCUMENTATION / COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Business Requirements Identification * JAD Sessions Facilitation
* Technical Specs * Meeting Notes * Change Requests * Issues
Roster * Meeting Actions * Meeting Decisions * Project Schedules
* Skilled with over six years of technical writing, systems
analysis, and corporate communications experience.
* Strong writing, editing, proofreading and instructional
design skills. Sensitive to deadlines and priorities.
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to manage
* Expert at learning new software both to use and to document.
Skilled research, both independently and by interviewing
subject matter experts (SMEs). Knowledgeable engineer
proficient at gleaning information from team engineers and
developers and translating their inputs into documentation
easily comprehensible by the end user.
* Creative, responsible, strategic, positive and persistent
* FAQs * Manuals *
* Internet web site * SDLC documentation *
AGILE and UML Use Cases
* Policies and Procedures * Quick References
* User Guides
* Troubleshooting Guides * Client Outage
Notices * Business Plans
* Presentations * Release Notes *
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) MS SharePoint
MS Team Foundation Suite
AT&T, PROMMIS, SILVERPOP, S1, COMPUCREDIT, EARTHLINK 2006 -
* Developed IT process models, i.e. ITIL governance, ITIL
monitoring, ITIL policies and data warehouse sourcing,
loading, transformation, and extraction models.
* Constructed project plans, implementation plans, test files,
and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to
* Planned work problems study and procedures including
organizational change, communications, information flow,
integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost
* Implemented business rules via stored procedures, middleware,
or other technologies.
* Mapped requirements to IT solutions including source systems,
data warehouses, and data marts.
* Consulted client groups to identify and document client
requirements, goals and success criteria via SharePoint and
* Created UML use cases for use in JAD sessions to equip
developers with software build specifications obtained from
client consulting meetings.
* Gathered, organized and distributed information on problems
or procedures in daily, weekly and monthly meetings in order
to track progress in meeting notes.
* Analyzed data gathered and developed solutions or alternative
methods of proceeding.
* Conferred with clients stakeholders to ensure successful
functioning of newly implemented systems and procedures while
documenting achieving completion criteria in signoff
* Developed and implemented records management program for
filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assured
compliance with program.
* Reviewed both forms and reports in order to confer with
management and clients about format, distribution, and
purpose, as well as to identify problems and improvements.
* Interviewed personnel and conducted on-site observation to
ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods,
equipment, and key clients involved with the processes.
* Documented findings of study and prepared recommendations for
implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational
* Prepared manuals and trained workers in use of new forms,
reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational
* Designed, evaluated, recommended, and approved changes of
forms and reports.
* Created supporting documentation, such as metadata and
diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and
* Developed and implemented data extraction procedures from
other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
* Developed or maintained standards, such as organization,
structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse
elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and
COX , INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP, IBM, MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES,
GEORGIA TECH 1999 - 2006
UNIX Systems Administrator
Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA
Masters, Quality Assurance
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Bachelor, Industrial Engineering