THOMAS P. ROSSI
MONTELL & ROSSI MARKETING, VALPARAISO, IN, 46385 USA (5/88 - present)
• Responsible for national marketing of the products and services of over 100 clients.
• Responsible for creating video solutions for Fortune 500 clients in areas of industrial training,
plant safety, employee orientation and HR matters, labor relations, sales promotion, motivation,
corporate image, recruiting, legal, medical education and direct sales persuasion.
• Responsible for all writing of ad copy, speeches, video and multi-image scripts, brochures,
newsletters, public relations and manuals. My specialty is turning complex technical material
into clear, understandable pieces in both electronic and print media.
• Responsible for hiring and supervising all freelance crews
• Responsible for managing and supervising daily activities of 6 full-time marketing specialists
• Recent project: Directed a 40-day video shoot in China, Japan, Singapore and India. Project included
on-site scripting for human interest pieces as well as factory capabilities videos.
SEARS, ROEBUCK & CO., HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL 60179, USA (6/69 - 5/88)
• Wrote, produced and directed Sears’ 100th Anniversary Celebration, a 3-day live theater/
multi-media event that took a year to create and featured 150 actors and singers
• Created the world’s first videodisc retail catalog (now displayed at the Smithsonian Institution)
• Created the first Delcom videowall in the United States
• Created the first Electrosonic videowall installation in Mexico
• Wrote, produced and directed over a hundred live-switch, multi-camera TV and live satellite
broadcasts as well as EFP single cam location shoots
• Wrote, produced and directed hundreds of live shows, speeches and multi-image presentations
for audiences up to 5,000 people
Associate Creative Director—Catalog Division
• Restructured and reformatted the copy style of the Sears Catalog, the first change in 84 years
• Supervised a staff of 7 copywriters in hard lines/big ticket categories
• Created the first multi-million dollar single catalog ad in the history of Sears.
• Taught Corporate Video at Columbia College, Chicago and lectured at Michigan State University
• Grade 4 ice climber
• 5.9 rated rock climber
• Extensive mountaineering experience, having summited over 50 peaks in 4 continents
• Competed in and completed 6 Marathons
• Languages spoken: Fluent English; some Spanish, French
BS Advertising, University of Illinois 1969
MA Screenwriting, Governors State University 1976
PUBLICATIONS & AWARDS:
PoetryZeitgeist Literary QuarterlyShort StoriesGreen Cauldron Literary QuarterlyMagazine Articles and Newspaper ColumnsFood Industry NewsScreen MagazinePizza TodayVideo MagazineChicago Sun-TimesTextile MagazineCorporate TelevisionScreenplaysBilly & DaisyA Letter From AvramThe Angel Rainbow Car Wash (optioned)St. JaneBuon Apetito, Carlo Literary AwardsSarah Thompson Literary Guild Prize WinnerFirst Place, ZLA National Literary ContestLiterary Excellence Award, Governors State University Video AwardsNY Film & Video Assoc. Monitor Award (Best Directing)NY Film & Video Assoc. Monitor Award (Best Commer-cial)NY Film & Video Assoc. Monitor Award (Best In Show)International Film Producers Association Cindy AwardITVA Golden Reel AwardFinalist New York Film FestivalPermanent Business Exhibit, Smithsonian Institution International Industrial Video Library in Paris, FranceFinalist, 2005 GEM Short Screenplay Competition2nd Place 2006 Gimme Credit Screenplay Competition