Transcribe quality, error-free medical documents in a timely fashion with a turn-around time that suits the client’s needs.
Medical Transcription Education Center (M-TEC) Years Attended: 2010-2011
1-877-864-3307 / Instructor, RuthAnne Darr RuthanneDarr@mtec.com
· Recently received a Diploma for the Tier I Premier Program encompassing course work in Anatomy, Medical Terminology, Human Disease Processes, Pharmacology, Laboratory Procedures and Medical/English Grammar utilizing the AAMT Book of Style. Transcription practice was accomplished using the Beginning and Advanced SUM dictations from Health Professions Institute which included actual physician dictation in 23 specialties along with additional training in radiology, pathology, cardiology, gastroenterology and orthopedic procedures including history & physical exams, operative notes, discharge summaries, hospital consultations, physician’s office consults and correspondence and specialty reports. *I had this information in mine, if it applies to you it’s a good thing to add in. Program included over 1155 clock hours of course work and transcription and over 2425 minutes of actual physician dictation using the SUM Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced and Surgery dictations; select AAMT dictations, including foreign accents; and pre-employment skill level testing.
· Graduated February 2011 with GPA of 90%.
The Institute of Children’s Literature Years Attended: 1994-1996
West Redding, Connecticut
· Earned Diploma
Thompson Education Direct Year Attended: 2003
e-college degrees.com/education direst/Thompson
· Earned Diploma
Calvary Presbyterian Church Years Employed: 1997-2004
· Duties include cleaning and maintaining the church for optimum usage during the week including having ready for Sunday Service and for all weddings, inventory and ordering supplies, running the sound system including CD, tapes, microphone, etc.
Carmen Ainsworth School Years Employed: 2001-2002
· Duties include setting up the buffet table for the teachers and students, handling the uncooked food as well as preparing food for the next day, cleaning of the dishes and appliances, ensuring the kitchen is ready for the next day, end of year inventory report.
Country Jim’s Restaurant Years Employed: 2001-2002
· Duties include opening and closing restaurant, food prep, customer service.
Clio Kettle Year Employed: 2001
· Duties include managing second shift, balance register, make deposits, customer service.
Radio Shack Years Employed: 1993-2001
· Duties include opening and closing store, creating employee schedule, bank deposits, inventory, answering phone, customer service, credit applications, supply order, pricing store items.
Century 21 Beamer and Associates Years Employed: 1989-1993
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Real estate agent
· Duties include listing homes for sale, writing advertisements, taking deposits, writing offers, maintaining log book on activities associated with buying or selling the home, answering phones, making appointments.
· Proficient in Word Perfect and Microsoft Works.
· Mastery in Microsoft Word.
· Trained in the MT core curriculum of medical terminology, anatomy, referencing techniques, human disease processes, pharmacology, lab medicine, technology, medico legal aspects of healthcare record, English language/medical style and grammar using AAMT Book of Style, and the beginning, intermediate, advanced and surgical medical transcription practicum.
· Proficient in use of the internet and advanced computer skills.
· Equipped with necessary tools to work from home transcribing medical documents.