To obtain an employment opportunity that will allow me to utilize my design and leadership skills.
Bachelor of Science, Interior Design, 2011
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY, Bowling Green, OH
Sherwin Williams - Fenton, MI 5/2011-Present
• Responsible for overseeing all of the store operations.
• Develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
• Maintain inventory control, merchandise presentation, and store appearance.
• Analyze all monthly financial reports to identify issues, and business trends.
• Enhance the customer experience by leading a team of associates in providing strong customer service.
• Review job applications, interview applicants, and hire, train and develop associates.
• Implemented new product lines and created strategies to introduce and promote them to customers.
• Enforced loss prevention policy and awareness on the floor in order to control external and internal shrinkage.
• Directed all activities required to achieve store goals
Bowling Green State University - Bowling Green, OH 8/2009- 1/2011
• Serve as a role model for responsible behavior and personal integrity; exercise good judgment for all student residents.
• Facilitate programs to address all University policies, procedures, regulations, and community standards.
• Coordinate the appropriate academic and support services available for students.
Sherwin Williams - Plymouth, MI 5/2010- 8/2010
As a Intern performed the following duties as a S.A.C.F.I.C (Sales, Account Receivables, Customer Relations, Financial Reports, Inventory Management, and Color Consultant)
• SALES: Made product recommendations to service retail and wholesale customers.
• CUSTOMER RELATIONS: Customer account management, product ordering, custom color matching.
• FINANCIAL REPORTS: Generated profit and loss statements, analytical reports
• ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE: Operation of a trial balance, credit terms, and collections
• INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: Rates of sale, stock replenishment, inventory turnover
• COLOR CONSULTANT: Collaborated with clients to facilitate proper color selection based on the client need
Received Excellence Award as the top intern in the Detroit District
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITIES
Visions Dance Studio 8/2011
• Redesigned the guest lobby of Visions Dance Studio in Fenton, MI. The scope of the work included flooring selection, wall colors, proximities of the reception counter in relation to the seating area, and a perspective drawing of the seating area.
Lobby Redesign 6/2011
• Donated design services for the redesign of the lobby at Today’s Smile Dental Office in
Oak Park, MI. The scope of work included providing a functional space with a reception counter, seating area, kitchenette, and updating finishes and furnishings.
• Proficient with design software such as: Autodesk Software: (AutoCAD: 2009-2012),
Revit Architecture (2011-2012), Adobe Software CS4/CS5: (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign)
• Ability to manually draft and effective use of color rendering skills
• Proficient with Microsoft: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Desk Publishing)
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong attention to detail
• International Interior Designer Association- Student Member 2008- current
• American Society of Interior Designers- Student Member, 2007- current
REFERENCES AND PORTFOLIO: Available Upon Request