David S. Mirabal González
• Twenty-five year experience working as architectural design-drafter for various architect and engineering firms based on a freelance business relationship. Experience includes complete involvement in the designing process as assistant and consultant for engineers and architects in the architectural (space planning and layout design), mechanical, electrical and structural phases of various residential and industrial projects, including the preparation of "As-Built" plans of shopping malls, medical institutions and others. Also, includes experience in the pharmaceutical-manufacturing industry.
• Retired member of the United States Air Force, working in the 156th Civil Engineering Squadron as a Senior Design-Drafter at Muñiz Air Force Base, Carolina, P.R.
• Experience in the Construction Management branch working both, as Project Manager and Inspector for various residential projects.
• Licensed member of the Puerto Rico College of Professional Drafters.
• Vast experience in the preparation of layout design, space planning for various residential and commercial buildings.
• 20-plus years experience in submittal of construction permits in different government agencies, including the Administration of Permits and Regulations of P.R. (A.R.P.E.), Water Works Authority (A.A.A.), and other related agencies.
July 2010 to Dec 2011 Janssen Pharmaceuticals (Johnson & Johnson, Corp.), Gurabo, P.R.
• Development and preparation of layout designs and space planning, “As-Built” plans, for the constant revision of plant facilities drawings, including revision of the architectural, mechanical, and fire protection plans of all site facilities. Such works are made both on field, with the measuring of site facilities and preparing freehand sketches. Later, such changes are then, transferred on to the plant facilities drawings, with the use of AutoCad 2010.
• Control and management of all plant facilities drawings, including electronic files of Master Drawings of the plant facilities.
• Supervision and coordination of remodeling and/or new construction projects within the plant facilities.
May 1994 to Present Taller de Dibujo Mirabal, Bayamón, P.R.
• Development and preparation of layouts, space-planning projects, as well as “As-Built” plans. Also, preparation of Architectural, Mechanical, Structural and Electrical drawings for various construction, architectural and engineering firms. Jobs include assistance in the designing process of various residential, commercial and institutional projects. Projects worked include “As-Built” plans for the Sono-Nuclear Institution of Rio Piedras, Consolidated Shopping Mall (Caguas, P.R.), Ashford Presbiterian Hospital, San Juan, P. R. among other commercial and residential projects.
• Preparation of documents for submittals of construction permits in various government agencies for both, residential, and commercial projects.
• Preparation of construction estimates, material “take-offs”, and assistance in the coordination, supervision and inspection of construction projects.
February 2000 to August 2002 Banco Popular of Puerto Rico, Hato Rey, San Juan, P.R.
• On-field measurement of land properties for the preparation of Plot-Plans. Projects were developed for various engineering firms offering service to bank.
• Preparation of Flat Roof inspections.
April 1987 to September 1993 United Parcel Service (UPS), Bayamón and San Juan, P.R.
Operations Supervisor / Industrial Engineering Supervisor
• Coordinated and supervised package sort and load operation in both, the San Juan and Bayamón Centers.
• Coordination and supervision of Car Wash operation of both, the San Juan and Bayamón Center fleets.
• Worked in the Industrial Engineering Department as assistant to the Division Director in the preparation of time studies and analysis of the Puerto Rico package handling operation.
September 1986 to September 1990 Gregory L. Morris and Associates, San Juan, P.R.
• In charge of the drafting department in the preparation of piping, and project sewer systems for various residential and commercial projects.
• On-field assistance to engineer in data compilation for studies of various water systems.
• Worked with computer-aided specialized programs in the preparation of graphs, reports and studies and submittals for various government agencies.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• University of Phoenix, San Juan, Puerto Rico campus BA in Business Administration (estimated date of graduation: December 2012, On-line studies)
• A.D., Mechanical Engineering Technician, University of Puerto Rico, Bayamón, P.R. (1990)
• Studies in Architecture, Polytechnic University, Hato Rey, San Juan, P.R. (1991-1993)
• Architectural Design-Drafter professional degree, Liceo de Arte y Tecnología, Hato Rey, San Juan, P.R. (1993)
• Armament Systems Specialist /Civil Engineering drafting technician, United States Air Force, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas and Lowry Air Force Base, Denver, Colorado, respectively. Worked in Muñiz Air National Guard Base, Carolina, P.R. (1987-1996).