ANGELA J. PRENTISS
?1056 Colonial Dr. Coppell, TXfirstname.lastname@example.org?469.499.6507?
Katmandu Apparel Group, Designer
March 2010- Present
Boys 4-7, Girls 4-16, Newborn, Infant, Toddler (Boys and Girls) Woven Bottoms
• Maintains knowledge of current and future trends through WGSN and other public resources and by shopping major markets both domestically and internationally
• Heads seasonal Shopping in Europe, seeks latest trends for color, fabric, and silhouettes
• Lead the Design team in researching, designing and developing product by classification from concept through execution each season
• Creates layouts, detailed specifications, concept and boards for each season
• Develops flat and technical sketches using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Gives Graphic designers direction for developing original textile designs including prints, yarn dyes and stripes, screen prints and embroideries
• Works with Wash team to create overall finish look for bottoms
• Collaborate with Merchants and Technical Designers to ensure product designs are manufacturable and meets set price-points. Uses artistic ability to edit or make changes to original designs that integrate key feedback.
• Review plaid strike offs, lab dips as well as samples for aesthetic approval, and communicate status to the Product Development team
• Works with technical design team to ensure that fit and design comments are implemented for production samples
JC Penney: Arizona/Total Girls Division, Design Merchandise Asst. Sept 2007- March 2010
Girls Tween 7-16 and 4-6x Knit and Woven Tops/Bottoms
Boys 4-7x and 8-20 Knit and Woven Tops/Bottoms
• Develop flat sketches and technical sketches using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Assist in the preparation of the product development process with our local and overseas suppliers.
• Work closely with Design Director in creating and maintaining seasonal color palettes
• Create Product Packs in WebPDM and FlexPLM.
• Research and assist in the analysis of upcoming trends and competition’s outlook.
• Design Seasonal Trend Books to kick off the trends, colors and products.
• Assist in the creation of the Seasonal Trend Kick-Off presentation displays.
• Construct seasonal boards in partnership with the team to identify key trends and product strategy for meetings.
• Develop and maintain design’s and buyer’s seasonal product line lists.
• Create product and CAD presentation boards for buyer’s meetings.
• Track and order proto samples, knit downs, and hand looms.
• Maintain seasonal filing of approvals of color, fabric, strike-offs handlooms and trims.
• Schedule meetings; assist in the preparation and takes notes.
• Expense reports and sample logging for all domestic and foreign trips.
Plato's Closet, Supervisor/Retail Buyer March 2005- Sept 2007
• Bought seasonal select merchandise for retail location.
• Created pricing strategy for each item.
• Performed retail store opening and closing duties.
• Processed returns, loss prevention and damage claims.
• Created and maintained weekly shift schedule for 5 employees.
• Reviewed daily and monthly sales reports.
• Met weekly sales goals set by District Manager.
• Created Seasonal visual displays from in store merchandise
Bioworld Merchandising, Merchandising Assistant Intern Aug 2006- Oct 2006
• Prepared handouts and notes for meetings.
• Reviewed and approved samples.
• Shipped, tracked and logged sales samples.
• Constructed seasonal appropriate design projects.
• Gained useful knowledge about apparel merchandising
Highly proficient in: Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator CS3, Image Ready, Microsoft Office, Gerber Accumark Micromark Explorer, Pattern Making 2000, WebPDM and FlexPLM.
The Art Institute of Dallas
Associate of Applied Arts June 2006
Associate of the Month, JC Penney April and May 2009
Heart of the Company Award, JC Penney November 2008
Employee of the Month for Outstanding Work Ethics, JC Penney April 2007
Visual Merchandiser of the Month, Plato’s Closet July 2005