Proposal Prose Webinars Launch Plans
Sales Training Web 2.0 Sales Tools
Strategic Campaigns Presentations Website Content
Collateral Materials Rollouts Competitive Intelligence
Technology marketing executive combines 10+ years in telecommunications product marketing with proven campaign strategy and messaging skills that empower sales, reinforce marketing goals, and drive revenue.
• Expert in the conceptual development of winning value propositions, persuasive narratives, and sales-driving tools and collateral.
• Exceptional writing, visual design, and creative talents coupled with a proven foundation of business-to-business technology sales success.
• Abilities to explain complex technical concepts simply and graphically to effectively influence key decision makers and vertical market leaders.
• Unique expertise in modeling and communicating industry shifts and trends and in leveraging product capabilities to match customer needs.
• Deep knowledge of telephony with facility to learn new IEEE protocols and technologies quickly.
• Outstanding competencies in garnering market intelligence and in designing strategies that differentiate and competitively position solutions to drive wins.
• Skilled in the instructional design, development, and delivery of highly engaging sales training and educational webinars.
• Experienced in writing marketing requirements documents to create new product offerings.
• Consummate subject matter expert, educator, and evangelist; adept at achieving goals through global teams.
Home Office, 9/2009-Present
• As a fee-based writing coach, developed and composed resumes and cover letters, and assisted a diverse range of professionals with interview preparations.
• Kept pace with telecommunications industry trends by regularly studying on-line collateral and by participating in webinars, RSS feeds, and blogs.
Product Manager, Verizon Communications, Rye Brook, NY, 7/2008-9/2009
• Created an on-line competitive intelligence publication for internal sales communities; elicited timely topics and suggestions from sales and management; researched and authored monthly deliverables with titles such as SIP Gateway vs. Level 3 VoIP Capabilities and An Evolving Voice Market.
• Advanced to Wholesale Conferencing Product Manager: researched strategic partnerships; composed seminal business case and marketing requirements; designed a new wholesale conferencing product offering; shepherded the initiative through stage gate processes.
• Reported to Director, Product Management/Product Development, Corporate Marketing
• Displaced due to Reduction in Force (RIF); references and work samples are available upon request.
English Teacher, West Des Moines, IA; Stamford, CT, 2003-2008 -- (Due to Urgent Family Considerations)
• Worked with students and parents to achieve English/Language Arts learning outcomes.
• Integrated technology (i.e. laptops) into the core curriculum.
Petit Resume -2-
Product Marketing Manager, Rockwell Electronic Commerce (now Aspect), Chicago, IL, 2000-2002
• Managed the development of a CRM desktop interface through cross-functional teams.
• Composed business plans, collateral materials, and website content.
• Leveraged Breeze voice-overs, creating instructional media for internal sales and distributor rollouts.
Marketing Consultant for Call Center and E-Commerce Concerns, New York Metro Area, 1997-1999
• Positioned call logging technology for call center security, quality assurance, and coaching applications.
• Authored business plans; created clear and compelling value proposition narratives, white papers, presentations, press releases, sales tools, and website content.
Product Marketing Manager, Videoconferencing, Executone, Milford, CT, 1993-1996
• Owned the product marketing process, launching a second-generation videoconferencing and whiteboard solution suite nationwide.
• Composed a comprehensive collection of sales tools, rollout deliverables, analyst briefings, and instructional materials.
• Wrote and maintained RFP authoring tool (i.e. boilerplate proposal prose).
• Collaborated with cross-functional teams to propose vertical market product definitions and partnerships (i.e. healthcare and distance learning).
Systems Analyst, Executone Information Systems, Milford, CT, 1992-1993
• Designed and developed a value added service/call center product prototype that gathered and analyzed call processing data from geographically dispersed switches, creating visual interpretations (charts, graphs) and prose recommendations.
Account Executive, Nortel Networks, One Exchange Plaza, New York City, 1987-1992
• Marketed PBX and ACD systems to Fortune 500 accounts on Wall Street.
• Consistently ranked among the top ten performers nationwide.
• Became a de facto call center expert by successfully penetrating a key vertical market, beginning with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, an industry sector leader.
Software Tools & Expertise
• MS Office 2007; HTML; JPEG; Flash; Quick Time; Visio; LMS; Breeze, Web 2.0 -- Advanced Telephony; VoIP; SIP; SIP Gateway; H.323; Ethernet; Data Centers; Mobile Communications; LANs/WANs; Unified Communications; Cloud Computing
• Master of Arts, Instructional Technology & Media, Columbia University, New York, New York
Minor: Marketing/Market Research, Columbia Graduate School of Business
• Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
• Iowa Writers’ Workshop
• Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York
• Secondary Teaching Certification: English/Language Arts, Grades 7-12