Sales Management Professional
Sales, profit and market share growth through strategic planning, consultative (needs based) selling, and selling solutions. Built a motivated sales team with training, empowerment and accountability. I am a problem solver for customers and employer. I am a sales specialist who enjoys tasks that build the business; selling, cost saving, improving sales process efficiency are areas where I can make a difference.
· Grew market share by 10% and profit by 5% in a shrinking product category by implementing price increases, introducing reconditioned products program, developing a creative leasing program and ongoing sales, product and program training.
· Created and implemented strategic plan to increase company revenues in a market where company share of business was in excess of 90%. Resulted in $1 million in new volume, and added 2% to profits.
· Developed a team from logistics, IT, and finance to meet with the same disciplines of major customer to seek out ways to develop a closer electronic transaction link. Helped to negotiate a program that grew profits for both company and customer through reduction in short ship claims.
· Identified and established a new business base in Mexico, added $500,000 in incremental volume in 18 months.
SAN DIEGO POSTAL AND SHIPPING EQUIPMENT Poway, California
September 2004 to December 2009 – Sales Manager
· Managed an outside sales force of seven covering San Diego County grew the business by 6% over four years.
· Increased profits for the company by 5% increased market share by 7% in a declining market through expanding sales categories, raising prices and focus on specific market segments.
· Improved efficiency by automating the quote process and all of the document sets associated with product quotes. This reduced the time required to develop a quotation by two thirds.
· Managed CRM database, customized and upgraded application with outside vendor and incorporated components of back end database with CRM to improve customer information access for the sales force.
· Developed three sales people to positions of greater responsibility
· Created and continue to write an industry newsletter that has become widely recognized in the business and is distributed via web mail to a base of 2,000 customers
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCE CENTER, San Diego, California
July 2002 to September 2004 – Consultant to Small Business
· Sold and performed consultant services for small business clients who wanted to improve their sales, profits and other aspects of their business.
· Worked on an exclusive basis with a supplier of environmentally sound plumbing and lighting products for the multi family housing market. Grew their sales by 9% in one year.
BROAN-NUTONE LLC Hartford, Wisconsin
October 1998 to June 2002 - Regional Sales Manager
· Sales volume of $15 million annually over three brands of residential ventilation kitchen and bath products to the D.I.Y. Retail and the Major Appliance Channels.
· Responsible and accountable for customer and region profitability.
· Manage the activities and results of 6 sales representative organizations with 10 sales people and 5 distributors with 8 branches covering all states West of the Rocky Mountains.
KENMAR SALES Novato, CA
Aug. 1997 to Oct. 1998 - Equity Partner
· Manufacturers representative covering California with sales and in store service to the DIY retail trade for 15 principal manufacturers at over 250 retail locations, $50,000,000 in sales volume
· Develop new sources of revenue including “non traditional” consulting services.
· Direct sales responsibility for Home Base, all product lines.
BROAN MANUFACTURING Hartford, Wisconsin
October 1989 to August 1997 - Regional Sales Manager
· Sales Volume of $10 million over 2 brands of residential ventilation kitchen and bath products to the D.I.Y. retail channel
· Responsible and accountable for customer and region profitability
· Manage the activities and results of 3 sales representative organizations with 7 sales people covering all states West of the Rocky Mountains.
Personal Achievements, Interests
· Assistant Cub Master – Boy Scouts of America
· Assistant Scout Master, Citizenship Merit Badge Counselor – Boy Scouts of America
· Former President – Sonata Single Family Homeowners Association
· Immediate Past President – Sonata Maintenance Association
· Certified MQC Mail Quality Control - USPS
· Volunteer Docent and Trail Guide - Escondido Creek Conservancy
· BA Public Administration California State University, Chico