TONTHALELL S. WALTERS
GRAPHIC DESIGNER/MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
Personal | Business | Entrepreneurship
Result-driven professional with administrative/marketing experience. Possesses positive, effective, leadership, management and marketing skills with 6.5 years of education and computer experience. Strengths include excellent interpersonal skills, strong leadership ability, quick learner, self-starter, strong communication skills, strong problem solving skills, great organizational skills, and effective team involvement abilities.
CORE LEADERSHIP STRENGTHS
Business Development Professional Consultant Staff Coaching/Training
Business Planning Project Management Strategic Planning
Marketing Strategies Relationship Management Team Building
Gwinnett County Public School, Suwannee, GA
Substitute Teacher, December 2008 to Present
• Responsible for 22-26 students per class period.
• Implemented teacher lesson plans, assigned student class and homework, and maintained classroom control and discipline at all times.
• Prepared daily evaluations on the performance of the class as a whole.
Oneness Graphic Design Co., Atlanta, GA
Owner/Freelance Graphic Designer, April 2003 to Present
• Manages over 30 current accounts and projects and creates innovative marketing strategies.
• Conducts monthly consultations to better outfit current clients with new trends and business direction.
• Creates concepts for public publications such as Gospel Today, Fred Hammond, Kim Burrell, Rapid Inspections, and many other public publication sources.
• Designs book covers/layouts, magazine covers/layouts, CD/DVD faces & covers, brochure layouts, company logos, and design websites with HTML, XHTML, and CSS, illustrate, and create Flash/Splash pages.
BTW III Enterprises, Duluth, GA
Web & Media Coordinator / Project Manager, July 2007 to October 2008
• Managed 5 employees.
• Prepared weekly updates for media departments’ projects for current and future projects.
• Responsible for conceptual marketing pieces, web/media layouts, online product inventory/fulfillment.
• Maintained 6 active websites, both in design concept and backend functionality
• Established a new form of effective communication between departments.
Atlanta Spirit, Atlanta, GA
Assistant Broadcast and Corporate Partnerships, August 2005 to July 2007
• Responsible for radio / TV broadcast logs, and radio spots for Fox 5, Fox Sports South Radio, Sports Radio 680 AM The Fan , and Sports Radio 790 The Zone.
• Prepare end of the season video recaps for both teams.
• Prepare partnership proposal for new and existing clients, and design advertisement layouts for clients using Photoshop and Internet Explorer.
• Illustrate logos and other materials using Illustrator CS.
• Prepare weekly sales summary for each department.
Atlanta Spirit, Atlanta, GA
Administrative Assistant, November 2004 to April 2005 (TEMP)
• Provided administrative support to Management and Executive Board Members.
• Created and modifies professional proposals for new and existing clients.
• Created team-building projects for weekly Monday meetings.
• Pre-designed advertisement layouts for potential clients using Photoshop manipulations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Verizon Information Services, Duluth, GA
CSR/Administrative Receptionist, March 2004 to July 2004 (TEMP)
• Managed multiple phone lines, and log all incoming calls. Audited phone queries, prepared daily time control report.
• Interoffice graphic designer, and created Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and created marketing promotional/sales, and PC troubleshooting.
Senior Connections, Lithonia, GA
Assistant Director, November 2002 to November 2003
• Managed organizing programs (luncheon planner), company trips, and monthly appointments for enrolled clients.
• Ordered food products and served as supply controller.
• Conducted quarterly, monthly and yearly reviews on client’s performance. Provided transportation reports for the Transportation Department of Human Resources.
• Prepared monthly financial and data reports for County records, business letters and proposals for the company.
• Marketing contact for Non-Profit, preparing small grant proposal for company donations, conduct interviews for future clients.
Revelations Hair Design, University Place, WA
Owner/Stylist, November 2000 to March 2002
• Business Plan developer
• Professional hair stylist and treated and maintain clients hair structure.
• Consultant with vendors for products.
• Prepared business taxes, company marketing coordinator, and contact person for
• company promotional ads
Capella University- MS, Family & Marital Counseling, 2012
American InterContinental University- BFA, Visual Communications, 2006