GEOVANNA M. WATERS
Business Management undergraduate with over eighteen years of administrative experience within fast-paced and deadline-driven multinational organisations, and with the ability to translate documents from English to Spanish and Spanish to English.
• Fluent in Spanish and basic knowledge of French
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office products, over 70wpm typing speed, Internet savvy
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Effective team-working and excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels.
HEALTH IMPROVEMENT COMPANY September 13th 2011- Up to date
• Administrative and management business support to the Director of the company including preparation and organisation of documents and resources for the successful delivery of training courses and seminars.
• Assisting with the development of new strategies to enhance the operation of the company.
• Business forms processing including the cashbook of the company, managing expense reports and preparation of invoices.
• Management of the company’s website and promoting of the company on social networking sites.
• Attending in-house training in relation to Bid Tendering, also Proposal Structure and Skills in Sales Presentation.
REDCAR AND CLEVELAND COLLEGE September 2009-June 2010
Administrative Assistant- NVQ
• Processed sales, stock, purchasing and account orders and proficiently utilised spreadsheet and order processing software to complete customer orders and create new customer files.
• Organised and serviced executive meetings by preparing agendas and other written materials
• Provided effective and efficient administrative support including copying, faxing, mail handling, filing, and office supplies management
• Actively involved in providing training in preparation of documents to other students
PROMOTORA DE INTERCAMBIO S.A. Bogota, Colombia August 2000-November 2002
Bilingual Secretary for the President of the company
• Managed all executive level administrative tasks including preparation of all internal and external communications, contract preparation, job descriptions and data manipulation for the import/export purchasing departments. Assisted in development of executive level reports and presentations. Scheduled and coordinated meetings, appointments and events.
• Read and screened incoming mail and greeted visitors and handled their requests
• Filed and retrieved all corporate documents and reports.
• Petty cash management and processed executive travel and expense account documentation with accounting.
ABB AUTOMATION INC.
“Ecopetrol Refinery” Cartagena, Colombia October 1998 to July 2000
Bilingual Site office Administrative Co-ordinator
• Negotiated and successfully secured various office supplies contracts, including stationery, personal protective equipment, lodging, travel agency, petrol and specific materials requested by staff.
• Processed accounting documentation for suppliers’ payment.
• Petty cash and office supplies inventory management.
• Interpreter on the meetings with the Client (Ecopetrol) and minute meeting as required.
• Provided administrative support including daily telephone assistance, visa procedures, and travel and lodging arrangements and organising events.
• Liaised with different department for the preparation of all internal and external correspondence.
• Controlled site vehicles.
ABB INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS
“Cusiana &Cupiagua Phase II” British Petroleum Yopal, Colombia January 1997 to October 1998
Bilingual Office Administrator
• Responsible for the receipt and placement of equipment to site engineers.
• Organised and filed all engineering documentation, including P&ID’ electrical and instrument drawings.
• Preparation and translation of external and internal correspondence.
• Follow-up with Houston Office (USA) by phone, fax, letter of all site queries and site instructions generated by on site engineers.
DEMINEX COLOMBIA PETROLEUM Bogotá, Colombia October 1996 to January 1997
• Prepared all external and internal correspondence and handled incoming communications.
• Managed suppliers’ payment.
• Provided administrative support including document and communication translation, copying, faxing, filing and office supplies management.
INSTITUTO DE CIENCIAS ALTERNATIVAS Y ASUNTOS NUCLEARES “INEA”
Bogota, Colombia September 1996
• English-Spanish interpreter for the American Commission working on the installation of a nuclear reactor at the Institute INEA.
CEMENTOS BOYACA, S.A. (“HOLDERBANK”)
“Boyacá Cement Plant” – Nobsa Boyacá, Colombia May 1995 to July 1996
Administrative Assistant to the Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Superintendents
• Prepared special reports of ongoing projects and daily reports.
• Assisted in development of bid evaluation and civil budgets management.
• Prepared minutes of meetings and all external and internal correspondence.
• Prepared and translated all Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manuals left onsite for the Client.
• Met with contractors to discuss ongoing projects on behalf of the management.
• Provided administrative support including, scheduling meetings, arranging travel documentation, faxing, telephone and coordinating events.
October 2008- to present Parent Governor - Safeguarding Committee – Bydales School
September 2009 to June 2010 Student Representative - Redcar and Cleveland College
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
BA (Hons) Business Management Part-Time
September 2010 – To date
NVQ in Business and Administration Level 2
BTEC- Award and Diploma in Business Administration Level 2
Redcar and Cleveland College
September 2009 – June 2010
*Received Student of the Year and Further Education Student of the Year Award from Redcar and Cleveland College in 2010.
Bilingual Secretarial Certificate
Centro Colombo Americano
January 1988- August 1992
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITITES
School Governor Training
Safer Recruitment Workshop, Drug Education Policy and Practice, Pupil Exclusion, Understanding the Budget, Safeguarding and Promoting Welfare
Driving Licence Full and current UK Driving Licence, clear of any penalties.
Health Excellent; non-smoker
Interests Include Family Activities, Exercise, Yoga, Reading and Voluntary Work.