To receive a position in DESIGN DRAFTING that provides the opportunity for growth and to make a strong contribution to organizational goals through the continued development of my professional skills.
Projects, related skills and practicum include:
• Preparing mechanical and structural designs for fabrication and construction.
• Streamlining existing equipment fabrication and construction processes to cut company cost:
o Floating Debris and Rock Removal System company savings: $3,000 / unit.
o 4 lane bagging system company savings: $6,000 / unit.
• Developing new concept equipment to suit customers specific needs:
o Specialized inverted siphon (patented).
o Frozen chicken shredder.
o 4 lane bagging system (patented).
• Evaluated and updated design methods:
o Created and implemented CAD Standards manual.
o Developed custom menus, blocks and LISP routings to speed up design time.
• Evaluated processing plant equipment needs:
o Layout, design, installation and initial startup of multi million dollar processing plant using new and existing equipment.
• Developed the most economic and cost effective method for product specific processes:
o Recommended using vacuum to relocate product in place of water. Doing this the customer had less water waste and less equipment for product separation.
• CAD Software
o Autodesk, AutoCAD v1.2 - v2007, Mechanical Desktop v4 - v2006, Architectural Desktop 2006
? Proficient using
• Solidworks 2005
• Graphisoft, ArchiCAD v10
• Inventor 10
• A++ and network+ training.
• Webpage development and implementation.
• Windows and Linux based PCs with various software configurations:
o Microsoft Office 2003, Windows XP, Server 2000.
o Emacs, Dword, Mozilla, Squid.
o Adobe Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS.
o Macromedia Flash MX, Freehand MX, Fireworks MX, Dreamweaver MX.
• NT and Linux Networking:
o Designed network to accommodate 20 workstations and 2 servers.
o Installed and setup server and network privileges.
o Installed and setup all necessary software on computers within the network.
• Skilled manager, able to motivate employees and handle conflicts.
• Creativity and flexibility in organizing and planning.
• Highly motivated and goal oriented with a high attention to detail.
Associates of Applied Science Degree in Computer Aided Drafting Technology
ITT Technical Institute, Spokane, Washington
September 8th, 1994
Self Employed Nov. 2010-Current
Aweta June 2008 – Nov. 2010
• Design drafting manager / Principal designer on mutli-million dollar produce packing equipment lines
o Managed design team effectively generating quality designs for fabrication while cutting cost and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Takata Oct. 2006 – June 2008
• Mechanical Design:
o Design equipment and tooling for various propellant manufacturing processes.
• Process Piping
o Designed and helped fabricate piping runs.
o Designed and implemented various HEPA filtration systems.
Knudsen Land Surveying/Self Employed Nov. 2004 – Oct. 2006
• Field surveying: (Knudsen)
o Used GPS and EDM surveying equipment for topographic, boundary line and construction staking.
• Civil Drafting / Design: (Knudsen)
o Collected and analyzed data from multiple sources to generate customer and county approved plat, boundary, topographic and construction staking drawings.
Self Employed Sept. 2003 – Nov. 2004
• Contracting, mechanical, structural, architectural and civil design drafting.
• Built, repaired and trouble shot computers and computer software.
• Residential home design and layout.
o Helped with new business startup WLF Design LLC
Flodin Incorporated Mar. 1996 – Sept. 2003
• Design Drafting Manager responsible for concept, design and fabrication drawings.
• Material list and costing as per design drawing.
• AutoCAD training and company AutoCAD support.
• Computer repair, trouble shooting and networking.
KPFF Consulting Engineers Nov. 1995 – July. 1996
• Structural drawing packages, foundation plans, civil drawings and space planning.
• Managed and trained design team working on Intel projects:
o Received a letter of recommendation.
CADDesign Dec. 1994 – Nov. 1995
• New and as-built piping spools using Rebis, AutoPlant software.
• Space planning.
• Mechanical and Structural drawings.
• Equipment concept and design for Oregon Mill Services.