• Self-employed – San Antonio, TX.
Translator, Interpreter, Consultant, and Teacher: translate documents, transcripts, and other materials; review translated materials; interpret lectures and meetings; business consulting; and teach the Brazilian Portuguese, the mindset, and the culture specifically in preparation of business persons and companies for doing business with Brazil.
August 2010 – present
• Purific do Brazil and Purific of America (Water Purification Company) – Tampa, FL.
International Business Division Manager and Consultant: performed operational duties required to assist both companies in the completion of multi-national projects such as import/export processes; translated and reviewed agreements, business plan and documents, instruction manuals, marketing materials, webpage; and acted the liaison between both companies.
August 2006 – July 2010
• Compassion International Brazil – Campinas, Brazil.
Program Development Manager: led and directed multi-disciplinary team completing specialized social and educational projects; directed and managed departmental staff in performing operational duties, budgeting, hiring, and other.
March 2005 – April 2006
• State University of Maringá – Maringá, Brazil.
Authorized Translator and Interpreter: translated and reviewed school documents, transcripts, abstracts, projects, monographs, and thesis; lectured and interpreted lectures and meetings.
March 2000 – June 2007
• Evangelical School of Maringá (The Missionary Church of Brazil) – Maringá, Brazil
Head Master: supported staff helping them achieve their goals, participated in the development and management of educational programs and goals, extracurricular activities, school policy regarding discipline, supervised financial operations and allocation of financial resources, public relations, and other overall school matters; oversaw the development and implementation of computer and science labs, new library, class rooms, and sports arena.
November 1995 – February 2002
• CESUMAR and UNIPAR Universities – Maringá/Umuarama, Brazil
Professor, English for Computer Science and Introduction to Data Processing: duties included curriculum development, teaching, assessing, and promoting successful student learning.
March 1993 – February 1997.
• State University of Maringá – Maringá, Brazil
Professor, ESL and British and American Literature: duties included evaluating existing curriculum, teaching, assessing, and promoting successful student learning.
March 1987 – July 1988; August 1992 – December 1992
• Mission Aviation Fellowship Brazil – Anápolis, Brazil
Video Producer: produced three sets of Training Videos on Effective Administration of Non-profit and Non-governmental Organizations.
June 1993 – October 1995
• AVANTE Mission Agency of Brazil – São Paulo, Brazil
Lecturer and Consultant, Department of Recruiting and Training: helped with the recruiting, training, and coaching of candidate missionaries.
March 1991 – April 1993
• The Missionary Church of Brazil – Maringá, Brazil
Secretary, Board of Directors: oversaw the development of the denomination’s Statutes and Bylaws; regular duties included accurate recollection of decisions; determination of eligibility to vote; continuity of policies and practices; and accountability of directors and officers.
January 1981 – July 1988
National Director of Communications and Media: oversaw the media department and all TV, radio, video production, a/v editing, layout, print, and other.
January 1980 – July 1988
Senior Pastor: provided spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership and leaders, served as the chief administrator of the congregation, oversaw the congregation’s ministries and departments; other duties included preaching, teaching, counseling, and other.
January 1980 – June 1987
Producer, Radio and TV Programs: produced coordinated broadcast of radio and TV programs.
October 1972 – September 1980
• Everest University – Brandon, FL
Candidate, Master of Business Administration – International Business
• Wheaton College Graduate School – Wheaton, IL
Master of Arts – Communications
• State University of Maringá – Maringá, PR, Brazil
Bachelor of Arts – English and Portuguese Languages and Literatures
• Missionary Church Bible Seminary – Maringá, PR, Brazil
Theology Degree – Theological Studies
• Native fluency in Brazilian Portuguese, fluency in English, and conversational fluency in Spanish;
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to exercise initiative, good judgment and tact;
• Excellent communication and creative thinking skills, and friendly attitude;
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with staff and the general public;
• Established skills in Project Management, Budgeting, Planning;
• Effective ability in Leadership, Training, and Coaching;
• Extensive experience in Communications, Marketing, and Media: Radio/TV Production and Broadcast, Print, Internet, and Photography;
• Extensive experience in Portuguese/English/Portuguese Translation;
• Computer skills include: proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; significant knowledge of Data Processing and computer basics.