317 Franklin Avenue, Apt. A • Mt. Vernon, NY 10553 • email@example.com • (646) 463-9088
Actively seeking a professional position with an organization/company accepting a talented and motivated employee with strong abilities to effectively support and contribute to desired goals and objectives
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• More than 6 years of administrative experience, successfully utilizing time management and analytical skills in fast-paced environments
• Possesses Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies degree
• Demonstrates ability to research information and draft documents with high attention to detail
• Expertise in assisting with organizing training programs, optimizing business accomplishments
• Ability to build immediate rapport with contacts, maintaining high degree of confidentiality and ensuring service satisfaction
• Proficient in Microsoft Word 2003 and 2007, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, Pronto, DTE, Elite Search, Timeslips, T&E expense management, DeltaView, Lotus Notes, PC Doc, GroupWise, Hummingbird, WorkShare, Wave Pedal transcription, WebView Interwoven, iManage, Ceridian, Billback, Workflow and LexisNexis
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PARALEGAL STUDIES 2010
KAPLAN UNIVERSITY Davenport, FL
ASSOCIATES OF APPLIED SCIENCE IN OFFICE TECHNOLOGY 2001
MONROE COLLEGE Bronx, NY
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/TRAINING FACILITATOR May 2009-March 2011
NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH INSTITUTES, INC. New York, NY
Non-profit research and educational organization, founded in 1967, that works towards advancing scientific knowledge in the medical field and other industries
• Instrumental in developing 500 page training manual, researching information and providing comprehensive document with consistent formatting; Create and distribute marketing flyers used to advertise new trainings.
• Update and maintain company website and client database to ensure current information available to public, handled telephone inquiries regarding training and CASAC requirements; reconcile inconsistencies involving vendors, course materials and/or scheduling dates.
• Extensive knowledge of medical terminology; managing electronic files; knowledge of HIPPA and Privacy Act; extract data from data base; Obtain additional information from other state agencies data base.
• Coordinate office work to ensure efficient workflow as well as assisting to maintain flow of office.
• Establish and maintain physical files of training and training material as well as state budgeting information; Prepare notices and training advertisements for the training institute.
LEGAL SECRETARY June 2007-November 2008
WHITE & CASE LLP New York, NY
International law firm, founded in 1901, that assists public and privately held companies, financial institutions, governments and state-owned entities
• Assisted 1 partner and 4 associates specializing in mergers and acquisitions, ensuring professionalism and discretion, Created PowerPoint presentations for inclusion with merger and acquisition agreements, meeting 100% of deadlines
• Reformatted international documents to company standard format, resulting in increasing user-friendliness of documents; Edited documents including share purchase agreements, stockholder agreements, letters of intent and other restructuring agreements for attorney use, maintaining high attention to detail; Coordinated complex domestic and international travel arrangements weekly, conference scheduling; entering attorney time; editing monthly billing prior to remittance for payment; creating customer accounts for air travel, hotel accommodations and car rentals
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/LEGAL SECRETARY January 2005-August 2006
COVINGTON & BURLING LLP New York, NY
International law firm, founded in 1919, has more than 750 lawyers in 8 offices to assist clients with legal needs
• Diligently assisted 1 partner and 2 associates specializing in intellectual property, litigation and corporate law
• Compiled and organized Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and due diligence documents, working collaboratively with records department
• Thoroughly reviewed monthly bills, expense reports and timesheets to identify and resolve discrepancies before final submission
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT July 2000-November 2004
JP MORGAN CHASE BANK New York, NY
Financial services firm, headquartered in New York City, that has operations in more than 60 countries to serve consumers, corporations, institutions and governments
• Assisted in multiple legal areas including intellectual property and litigation, thoroughly preparing documentation for attorney use in timely manner
• Communicated with attorneys each week to collect all receipts to accurately complete expense reports, proactively contacting vendors when necessary to obtain copies of missing receipts
• Maintained scheduling of conference calls, depositions and meetings, avoiding conflicting schedules by utilizing organizational skills