Career and Personal Profile
I am open to learning and expanding my skill set in order to address and overcome new challenges. I’m friendly, inquisitive, hardworking, eager and passionate. My time away from work is spent playing netball, painting, mountaineering and enjoying time with friends.
3 years work experience in a design studio.
- Art direction on numerous projects from brief, design to final art work. This included projects such as photo shoots, catalogues and magazine layouts.
- Ensured brand consistency across multiple campaigns.
- Provided creative input into marketing campaigns.
- Tracking project progress and meeting deadlines.
- Own time management.
- Client communication and relationship management.
Elements that I have worked on:
- Identity Programmes
- Annual Reports, Brochures & Technical Literature
- Direct & Promotional Mail
- General Collateral (Including P.O.P, In-Store, calendars, labels, cards, invitations, etc.)
- Package Design
- Environmental Graphics (Signage - informative, directional, shop front, show stand, outdoor)
- Architecture & Interior Design contributing to brand equity (retail, office, restaurant, show stand, etc.)
2000 - 2004 DF Malan High School, Cape Town, South Africa (Senior Certificate)
2005 - 2008 University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communication (Honours Degree)
Communication and Presentation Skills
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communicator and able to effectively convey information verbally and in writing.
- Enthusiastic and eager to meet challenges whilst quickly assimilating new concepts.
- Highly motivated and often takes initiative by going the extra mile.
- Coaching of peers.
- Adobe InDesign CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Freehand Macro Media.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Introduced to Flash and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with both Mac and PC platforms.
- Knowledge of colour management and printer file-preparation as well as the different printing processes.
Acquired the following skills over a six year period:
- Worked in the dark room and developed photos using traditional techniques
- Digital photography
- Gouache resist
- Retouching of images