• Manage the Arizona Small Business Innovation Office, which is responsible for advocating and providing outreach and training for a federal program.
• Provided research and advise to clients interested in streamlining procurement operations through multi-site, multi-function contracts.
• Advise small businesses about strategies to gain market share in a highly competitive market.
• Assist organizations of all sizes to form strategic alliances in order to pursue research and development grants, and/or to expand market share.
• Responsible for Business Development for the US Army/Marine/Air Force, and McDonnell Douglas, resulting in over $5 Million in contracts in a two-year period.
• Assist in the negotiation and management of contracts with international firms.
• Expertise in business development, marketing the products and services of small firms to a broad customer base.
• Three years as Department Head of a Purchasing/Subcontracts Department. Acted as a team leader and mentor, thus creating a department with high productivity.
• Twelve years expertise negotiating, placing, and managing major subcontracts. Many of the subcontracts were multi-million dollar contracts.
• Coordinated over $10M in contracts, including in the negotiation, placement and management of company wide contract needs, commercial as well as government related.
• Interfaced with all levels of management and non-management as manager of purchasing and of the culture enhancement program, resulting in the facilitating and mediating of problems developed between departments.
• Managed the company's Organizational Development Program, resulting in a movement to significantly improve sales and reach the identified program goals.
• Acted as the company ombudsman. Due to the downsizing in recent years, this role significantly reduced the stress caused by the reduction in force.
• Performed outreach functions for small/small disadvantaged business, allowing the counseled small businesses to expand market share.
• As Small Business Liaison Officer, counsel and advise small businesses with strategic planning, various legislative actions affecting small businesses, and economic development.
• Co-hosted a television program that discussed legislative changes affecting small businesses, with local and state lawmakers and other small businesses.
• Acted as Vice President of the San Diego Minority Supplier Development Council counseling minority businesses performing a variety of functions including event management, and publicity.
• Expertise in negotiating, placing, and managing contracts for tenant improvements and new construction, resulting in having experience working with construction firms.
Larry A. Lacy, cont.
1997-Present Pinnacle Management Group, Incorporated
Executive Vice President
A Principal responsible for assisting with the operation of the company. Manages the Arizona Small Business Innovation Program Office performing public outreach and advocacy for a federal program, and provides training related to the program. Provides a variety of client services including Workforce Alignment studies and training, Program Development & Management, Strategic Planning, Strategic Partnering, and Advocacy. Clients are government agencies, educational institution, tribes, and business of all sizes.
1996-1997 Technology Management, Incorporated
Director of Business Development
Reported to Senior Vice President. Wrote proposals, was responsible for all business development related to the US Army/Marines/Air Force, and McDonnell Douglas Corporation.
McDonnell Douglas Corporation
1994-1996 Staff Assistant to V.P. General Manager/McDonnell Douglas Technologies, Incorporated
Reported to the Vice President - General Manager, Managed Organizational Development Program, Acted as company Ombudsman, Leader of Corporate Culture Enhancement Program, Patent Coordinator, Small Business Liaison Officer, and Assist in the writing of Technical Statements of Work.
1989 - 1994 Director - Procurement/McDonnell Douglas Technologies, Incorporated
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Procurement Department. Provided leadership and training to the Materiel and Engineering Departments. Directed the establishment and writing of Departmental and Company Procurement Policies. Contributed significantly to various task forces studying ways to solve problems and institute new programs.
MBA, International Business.
Lindenwood College, St. Charles, Missouri.
BS, Business Administration
Lindenwood College, St. Charles, Missouri.
Certified to teach Vantage Institute QCO and Task A (a process for companies to identify problem areas that stifle productivity and growth).
Completed the Dale Carnegie Training. Certified as a Dale Carnegie assistant instructor.