A talented, goal-oriented and achievement-driven writing and editing professional seeking to make meaningful contributions to an organization in need of superior communications performance.
Skills & Qualifications:
Proven writing and editing ability: more than two years of experience in content creation process, encompassing AP style, in-depth research, proofreading, design and layout.
Intangibles: creative problem solving, strong attention to detail, and unparalleled work ethic combined with maturity and the drive to succeed in the creative process independently and in team environments.
Computer proficiencies: Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lexis Nexis, WordPress
Proofreader Feb. 2011 – May 2011
Select Staffing Clearwater, Fla.
• Proofread client orders to ensure accuracy in production
Web Content Writer Dec. 2009 – Aug. 2010
Scicom, U.S.A. Tampa, Fla.
• Wrote and edited content for client Web sites according to established style guidelines
Editorial Assistant Aug. 2008 – Jan. 2010
Floyd Publications (FOCUS Magazine) Tampa, Fla.
• Wrote and edited dining, entertainment and human interest features
• Copy edited, fact checked and proofread stories, composing headlines and cutlines
• Planned issues and generated story assignments
• Took digital photographs
Contributor, Site Editor June 2010 – Present
Creative Loafing Tampa, Fla.
• Wrote, edited and took pictures for sports stories and other features for print editions and Web layouts
• Developed, managed and collaborated with a team of writers
University of South Florida, Tampa, Fla.
Bachelor of Arts degree, Mass Communications - Journalism Aug. 2009
Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Fla.
Associate of Arts degree, Liberal Arts May 2006
• The exclusive Tom McEwen Endowed Scholarship
• Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
• Florida Academic Scholars Program
• University of South Florida College of Arts & Sciences Honor Society