William A. Howe
IT/Network Operations/ Pubications Manager with over 17 years of experience in network center operations and customer service for telecommunications leader; recipient of multiple awards for Excellence in Leadership. Broadbased background includes experience in data communications, network support, and Help Desk environment. Strong analytical skills, with testing and resolution on multiple network levels. Highly motivated professional who is client-focused and detail-oriented, and effective at managing mutiple projects simultaneously in achieving specified targets. Hands-on Manager with very high technical abilities. Very analytical dealing with data as well as constuction of internal and external presentations/documentation and technical writing.
Additional Strengths Include:
? Fault Locating ? Root Cause Analysis ? Team Building ? Technical Writing
? Network Design ? Process Improvement ? Vendor Management ? Project Management
? Remote Testing ? Technical Training ? Network Infrastucture ? ATM/SONET
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
Call center technology – 17 years – 2008
Optimizing networks – 10 yrs – 2008
PBX – 5 years 2003
ACD – 17 years – 2008
Layer 2 switching & Layer 3 switching – 5 years – 2008
Routing Protocols – 5 years – 2009
TIRKS and WFA workings- 17 years
OSPF – 10 years – 2008
Remote testing – 17 years – 2008
Benchmarking Methodologies – 10 years – 2008
Documentation & Presentation skills – 15 years – Presentations to customers and c-level executives
Vendor experience – 20 years – 2005
Customer Experience – 20 years - 2009
Developed and implemented cost-effective in-house training laboratory. Established course modules and provided weekly training to all technicians that signed up for any of 40 courses offered. As part of this initiative I was personally responsible to train technicians in digital and SONET system and equipment test and turn-up, design, and maintenance of all services.
Network Infrastructures Design and Implementation - Personally responsible for the design, test, and turn-up of Official Company Services Network consisting of DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, and a variety of other services used for all Inter-Company communications, currently being utilized for Long Distance Services.
Implemented trouble reporting system, allowing customers’ ability to report all outages via web-based graphical user interface that directly linked to Verizon’s ticketing and auto-test system.
Trouble Resolution - well versed in testing and resolving all internal as well as external system outages. Expert experience in fault location and resolution of any and all troubles and service degradation.
Collaborated with IT to develop separate auto-test guidelines for multiple reported outages on identical services that would run more in-depth tests automatically to confirm actual failures. Worked with scripts to determine best course of action to alleviate multiple outages on single service.
PINNACLE TECHNICAL RESOURCES, DALLAS TEXAS
• Quality Auditor for all installation in the state of Florida for all Verizon Central Offices, Cell Sites, remote sites, and video centers. Follow all quality guidelines such as GR-1275 and IP 72202 to insure all installation, renoval, and and change orders meet all quality standards. Compile monthly data to insure all work is done in a safe and quality manner. Perform engineering audits in order to streamline and improve any and all processes.
VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS,Tampa, FL 1990 – 2008
National Wholesale Service Management/ Process Assurance 2004-2008
• Oversaw installation and repair of all special access services for four Verizon Wholesale customers that included Qwest, TelePacific, Time Warner, and Level 3 Communications; representing estimated total annual sales of up to $120M.
• Tracked daily/weekly/monthly results to ensure corporate targets were met in both on-time delivery and timely maintenance follow-up, including 24x7 escalations and assistance in resolution of all maintenance issues & outages.
• Worked side-by side with all technicians in test and turn-up of all services, inclusive of digital, SONET, etc.
• Assisted IT department in planning and implementing VPN Network and served as a tester of First Office Application for shared drives on the VPN Network.
• Assisted sales team as a technical advisor for planning, ordering and implementing services such as ATM and VOIP.
Wholesale Service Manager 2001-2004
• Managed provisioning and maintenance of all special access services for 4 top tier customers, including Qwest Time Warner TelePacific, and Level 3 Communications; representing estimated total annual sales of up to $150M.
• Provided 24x7support for all service issues regarding maintenance and provisioning of special access services.
• Indirectly managed up to 35 installation and 30 maintenance technicians; with maintenance technicians maintaining 24x7 rotating schedules.
• Assisted Sales team on technical aspects and availability of technologies such as SONET, ATM, and VPN options, as well as DS-1 and DS-3.
• Worked with Network Operations Centers throughout the region to monitor availability of all technologies.
• Served as technical support 24x7 for all extended outages.
Network Operations Manager / Technical Publications Manager 1998-2000
• Managed 2 remote centers, located in NJ and Washington DC.
• Fully accountable for newly built network consisting of 8 Nortel SONET rings and 2 Nortel DMS switches, with oversight of all time reporting, vacation scheduling, overtime, budgeting, 24x7 coverage, and quality of technician’s installation and testing.
• Hands-on manager involved with all steps of design and testing of all services.
• Worked with other engineers to design all network infrastructures.
Network Operations Center/ Field Technician 1990-1998
• Installed and maintained all equipment utilized for remote alarm reporting on all switching and transport equipment in approximately 30 central office locations; this included remote alarm receipt as well as troubleshooting and provisioning.
• Constructed technical training documents for use by all technicians that included troubleshooting techniques.
• Well qualified in monitoring, testing and resolution of both switching network as well as transport network throughout the region.
CONTINUING EDUCATION and TRAINING
B.S. in Business Managerment
University of Phoenix, 2010
AA in Electronics
RETS Electronics School, Nutley NJ
ATM, SONET System Architecture, Alcatel/Lucent DCS, and HP-Unix, SS7 signalling.
Windows 98/XP/NT, Microsoft Office 2003/2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Frame-maker, Illustrator, TL1, PERL, V-lookup, pre-order, installation, maintenance, remote monitoring, network infrastructure & optimization, facility design / architecture, VOIP configuration, SS7 switching, digital and analog circuit testing, both on-site and remote testing. Well-versed in all technologies inclusive of SONET, Digital cross-connects, ATM, IP Networks, etc.