Denver Department of Human Services Aug 2011 - current
Social Case Worker Denver, CO
- Responsible for managing a caseload and ensuring that each individual involved can achieve their case plan and assist them with securing financial assistance, obtaining adequate housing, healthcare schooling for children, jobs for families.
- Report to the judicial system the progress on the cases and the path to achieving their goal
- Maintain daily/weekly/ monthly documentation for the individuals on caseload and ensure that files are up to date and accurate with the most current information.
The Fellowship House October 2010 – June 2011
Case Manager Miami, FL
- Responsible for linking, monitoring, coordinating, advocating, empowering and supporting each individual to achieve their full potential.
- Proficient with Medicaid billing for services provided.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of services provided for a caseload of 25 individuals.
- Responsible for completing service plans/ treatment plans for each member and communicating with the entire treatment team to ensure each individual’s needs are being met.
- Leader for Quality Insurance group; responsible for reviewing files of individuals and ensuring that errors are found and corrected.
The Chrysalis Center November 2009 – September 2010
Day Treatment Counselor Miami, FL
- Worked closely with mental health clients of various functional levels and various disorders (including, but not limited to, substance abuse, court ordered, MR, bi-polar, depressive, schizophrenic, etc) during group therapy to educate and empower living and functioning with mental disorders.
- Responsible for entering progress notes on each client daily to online billing software and ensuring accuracy and deadline posting for maximum efficiency.
- Initiated and implemented various group topics daily to be discussed during therapy that was successful in engaging clients.
- Assist with building a schedule and curriculum for group therapy sessions.
- Actively participate with clients in their individualized treatment plans.
University of Miami August 2005 – May 2009
Office Assistant Miami, FL
- Responsible for maintaining the front desk and providing customer service to students and staff or faculty that may enter the office for assistance.
- Responsible for accurate data entry and record keeping or files and records for the office.
- Created pamphlets, brochures, flyers, etc. to be distributed for promotions within the office.
- Extensive use and mastering of programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and similar programs.
University of Miami August 2008 – May 2009
Peer Counseling Miami, FL
- Counsel students through adjustments to university life.
- Trained in crisis intervention and active listening skills.
- Met with students weekly to review progress and coping skills that help them adjust to life on campus.
Miami Dade College Phlebotomy Technician Certificate GPA: 4.0 August 2009
University of Miami Bachelor of Arts in Psychology GPA: 3.0 May 2009
Minors in English Literature and Biology
Trainings and Certifications
- Targeted Case management Certification - Customer Service and Interpersonal Relations Course
- Child and Adolescent Developmental and - Office Management Training
- Basic Counseling Skills Course - Crisis Intervention Course
First Aid/ BLS training and certification - HIPAA training Course and Certification
- Conflict Management Course - CDHS New Worker Academy
- Supervisor Training - Leadership Summit
Bilingual (fluent in Spanish and English) Excellent Communication Proficient with Computers
Fast typing (70+ wpm) Independent Worker Excellent Writer
Good time management Excellent Problem Solving Resourceful
Fast Learner Attention to Detail Excellent Judgment
Compassionate Good Public Speaker/ Presenter Creative