Thank you for this opportunity to apply for the position you have available. With more than 25+ years in the publishing, ghostwriting, and freelance writing industries,
As a trained SEO writer, I write high-quality content for articles, blogs, books, brochures, business letters, business reports, commercials, essays, flyers, landing pages, magazines, manuals, newsletters, press releases, product descriptions, reviews, sales pages, website content, and much more. I also provide my clients value-added services such as posting to their blog sites or forums, responding to their readers, and monitoring/reporting follow-up services.
I love to research, compile, and write; therefore as a ghostwriter, I spend much of my personal time working on academic books and e-books for various educational facilities and publishing houses. Because I write with a natural flow to my words, individuals and businesses requiring books and eBooks find my style works very well, especially when explaining difficult to apprehend materials. It seems I have a gift for making the extremely difficult, quite easy to understand.
Because I am highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, accurate, creative, prompt, and professional, the majority of my clients are repeat business. These repeat businesses often refer new clients to me, and my business continues to flourish, allowing me to bring in new writers and trainees as required. My website is currently being renovated for the pending year, but some of the information is now in place.
If you have questions about any services I provide, please contact me. I look forward to discussing your next project with you.
Patricia A. MacQueen, Freelance Ghostwriter - P. O. Box 134, Belgrave, Ontario
CEO/Manager – Freelance-Ghostwriting.com - Jan. 1989 to Present
• Manage an international team of freelance ghostwriters on a global basis.
• Responsible for obtaining work, expediting the writers, maintaining deadlines.
• Managing accurate and timely accounting and payroll records. Human Resources.
• Maintain my own clients, independent from the team. Ghostwriting eBooks/Books.
Ontario Ministry of Skills, Colleges and Universities, Chatham, Ont.
Administrative Assistant, Casual Call-In Basis, October 2006 to June, 2007
• Responsible for the daily office functions at a government training and apprenticeship office.
• Bookkeeping, record keeping, event planning, online social media, job boards.
Home Inventory Inc., 300 Grand Avenue, W., Chatham, Ont.
Business Development Manager – Human Resources, June 12, 2006 to Sept 1, 2006
• Recruit area sales managers, sales team, clerical staffing, and cash.
• Define, organize, and implement sales policies and procedures - budgeting.
• Initiate/organize company publicity/promotion – sales calls, merchandising.
• Advertising, promotion, publicity, public relations and customer service.
White Schooner Books, P.O. Box 182, Petrolia, Ont. *
Publishing Manager – Human Resources, 2001 to December. 2005
• Recruit authors, reading committee members, and office staffing.
• Structure sales readings, book signing, and events for authors
• Balance departmental book budgeting requirements, merchandising.
• Liaison between authors, illustrators, managers, and sister publishing house
• Responsible for keeping a complete budget history on each publication prepared and/or distributed through the publishing house.
Laserset Business Services – Printing/Publishing, Dufferin Ave., Wallaceburg, Ont.
Office Manager, Full time, 1985 to 1988, Administrative Assistant, 1989 to 1996
• Recruit and train - trainees, co-op students, clerical personnel and cash.
• Responsible for all computerized invoicing, billing, and bookkeeping.
• Advertising, promotion, customer relations and public relations.
Forget-Me-Not Tearoom, 3298 Walnut Street, Alvinston, Ontario
Owner/Manager, Seasonal by Private Bookings, April to October, 2000 – 2005
• Staffing, training, advertising, customer relations, bookkeeping, and cashier.
• Responsible for planning and implementing tourism tours and newsletter.
Oak’s Inn Motel, Wallaceburg, Ontario, Clerk/Night Auditor, 1985 - Server, 1977-1980 *
Wallaceburg Automotive, Wallaceburg, Ont. – Debt Collector/Bookkeeper, 1985 - 1986
Roy Enns C. A., Wellington St., Wallaceburg, Ont. – Seasonal Bookkeeper, 1982 – 1985 *
SPD Computer Graphics and Typing, Wallaceburg, Ont. – Office Manager, 1981 – 1984 *
• Freelance Art Instructor through Lambton Country Libraries, 2003 - 2006
• Chamber of Commerce, Wallaceburg, Ontario – President, Vice, and Director
• Wallaceburg Little Theatre – Board of Directors/Various department titles.
• Lambton Elderly Outreach, Sarnia, Ontario – Instructor, Aerobics for Seniors
• Literacy Organization, Sarnia, Ontario – Adult Tutor for Basic Skills Learning
• V.A.L.S. Visiting Artist in Local Schools Program, Sarnia, Ontario, Teaching
• Venture Program, Wallaceburg, Ontario – Integrating disadvantaged workers.
• Welcome Wagon, Petrolia area – Community Representative, Certificate, 2000
• Wallaceburg District Secondary School, Co-Op Placement Program, Training.
St. Clair Canada - Applied Arts and Technology, Chatham/Wallaceburg Campus
Business Administration, Virtual Administration, and Computer Applications Diploma
St. Clair Canada - Applied Arts, Chatham, Night School Courses, Certificates in:
1983 – Programming Basic Language – Level 1, Accounting Concepts 1
1984 – Marketing, Business Law, Bookkeeping for Small Business
1985 – Accounting Concepts 2, Canadian Business Ownership, Computer Applications
1986 – Accounting Concepts 3, How to Sell What You Write
1986 - Financial Own and Loan Investment Program
1986 - Portfolio Management – Investments
• Proficient with both Mac and Windows based computer operating systems.
• Fully trained in Microsoft Office, Accounting and Presentation Software
• Efficient with E-mail, Internet, Uploads/Downloads, and Web Design.
• Current “Clean” Criminal Records Check – Clean Driver’s License Abstract
• Welcome Wagon, Petrolia area – Community Welcome, Certificate, 2000
Writing References & Samples:
Website Design and Content:
Illustration and Art References:
"Serving Comapnies Worldwide"