Writer/Editor responsibilities with a book publisher, magazine, PR firm, or newspaper.
• Published in Indiana Wesleyan University’s literary magazine, Caesura, and LIVE Bible.
• Completed an internship with writer and editor, Kelli Trujillo, where I helped research for her book, The Busy Mom’s Guide to Spiritual Survival.
• Led and developed writing workshops for over 80 students each semester with a team.
• Created presentations for two East Central Writing Conventions, where I spoke with a team to universities across the Midwest.
• Achieved strict sales goals and collected donations in the thousand-dollar range.
• Trained new employees at Indiana Wesleyan University Writing Center.
B.A., English, Writing Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion , IN
Experience Call Center Representative – Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN
• Call alumni of Indiana Wesleyan University to maintain alumni relations and collect donations.
Conference Service Associate – Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN
• Prepared guest rooms for guests’ visit.
• Greeted guests and showed them around the campus and to their lodgings.
• Worked at the customer service desk answering phones, creating documents and spreadsheets, and answering questions from visitors.
12/10 – 4/2011
Writer Center Tutor— Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN
• Reviewed and revised students’ and teachers’ papers ranging from works of fiction to technical writing.
• Led writing workshop for students that covered revision, brainstorming, documentation styles, and grammar and mechanics.
• Spoke at two conventions that aimed to discuss, explore, and solve regional writing center issues. 8/07- 12/10
Internship – Kelli Trujillo., Indianapolis, IN
• Reviewed sources for Kelli’s book, The Busy Mom’s Guide to Spiritual Survival.
• Observed the operations of Wesley Publishing House
• Completed a four week course on publishing. 12/07-1/08