SHAWN P. McCRACKEN
Diploma, Computer Network Specialist (March 2011)
DCI Career Institute, Monaca, PA
Presidents List (4.0 GPA)
Triangle Tech, Pittsburgh, PA (6/96 - 10/97)
Associate Degree in Specialized Technology - Architectural Computer Aided Drafting & Design
Related Coursework: Cost Estimating, Mechanical and Electrical Systems, Topography, Statics and
Strength of Materials, and Fabrication, Piping, Welding, and Structural Drawings, AutoCAD 12, Microstation
• Honest, Excellent communication skills, able to listen to user and interpret / address specific needs
• Organize and prioritize tasks for effective time management
COMPUTER / NETWORK ABILITIES
• Worked with Server 2000/2003/2008 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Created FTP, Email servers on VMware and Microsoft Virtual PC software in school
• Worked with Ubuntu 10.10
• Proficient with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7, Windows server administration, and basic data network
• Address and resolve issues related to computing environment, including support of hardware and software related to PC's.
• Handled software installation, moves, upgrades, and uninstalls.
• M/S Word, Access, Outlook, Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe
New Brighton Area School District, New Brighton., PA 2/11 – 3/11
• Installed and maintained desktop hardware and software. Handled troubleshooting, network support, and PC support through tickets
• Added users and groups with policies
• Imaging using Symantec Ghost software
• Installed/Replaced motherboards, hard drives, memory, CPU’s and CD-Drives
• Installed MAC software and MAC Airports
• Setup and installed wireless access points and routers
Draeger Safety, Inc
Product Data Coordinator 1/ Drafter (May 2011 – Present).
• Software used, CAD, SAP, PLM, GDM, EDMS, Access Database, Microsoft Word/Excel.
• Creation and modification of electronic and mechanical drawings using standard and changing controlled documents per current company practices.
• Process Document Change Requests (DCR). Maintains the Inventory Management System data base. (Product Life Cycle Management software)
• Maintenance of equipment (within capabilities) as per current job assignments. Includes CAD tools (hardware and software), reproduction equipment, and basic office equipment.
• Researched proposed changes to controlled documents assigned to the Product Data Group and to reach a solution in agreement with company quality goals.
• Maintaining procedures and databases for drawing requests, engineering parts lists (bill of materials), and product drawings to improve accuracy and timeliness of department response to its customers.
• Checked and verified that all aspects of a task assigned to Product Data Group were complete and correct using industry standards, company standards, and task specific instructions.
• Assist R&D and manufacturing personnel with specific design efforts to ensure that quality, productivity, and company standards are maintained.
• Supported the R&D department Policies and Procedures
• Knowledge of ISO 9000/2000 standards and requirements.
NOVA Chemicals, Monaca, PA (2006 – 2009)
Mechanical Draftsman/Data Control
• System Administrator and Manager of revisions, registry and formatting of documentation in Virtual Vault, AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT software and related upgrades
• Managed AutoCAD LT and Autodesk Software and products
• Revised red-line drawings for all drawings and documents
• Handled design work for HVAC and piping
• Managed onsite Digging Permits per procedures and transmittal of original drawings, files and data for engineering contractors
• Maintained engineering records system for CAD design documents by updating applicable databases according to procedures
• Supported “inside and outside of the organization” requests
• Managed confidential and proprietary Information
• Handled project closure documentation
• Supervised paving and grading projects inside of plant
• Worked with SAP PM Module
• Managed offsite storage. (Iron Mountain)
Raymond Why, Professional Engineer, Beaver Falls, PA (1993 – 2005)
CADD Manager / Designer /Drafter / Project Management
• Worked independently with moderate supervision
• Handled lay out and/or designing Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection
• Communicated with Engineer to understand the scope of work, schedule, budget, and project Instructions and responsibilities, and perform detail and routine lay-out work
• Assisted the Engineer in problem solving in field and in office
• Prepared routine lay-out drawing from free-hand sketches and/or verbal instructions from the Engineer and ideas for approval
• Incorporated the Engineer’s changes into existing prints and documents as necessary
• Completed drawings and reviewed drawings within scope, budget and schedule.
• Supervised CADD Operators
• Worked with AutoCAD LT 2000
• Prepared all documentation required to release and process all drawings and issued by the Engineer
• Maintained computer systems and files and handled shipping and office supplies