Janine du Pisanie Journalism Graduate
N.Dip Video Technology
Date of Birth: 17 December 1986
Citizenship: South African
Mobile: +27  9442129
Current Location: Durban, South Africa
Languages: English (fluent) Afrikaans (fluent)
? A self-driven and task orientated individual who will take on a challenge and see it through to the end.
? Hard worker who uses initiative to “get the job done”. I work well under pressure and push myself to the limit.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
National Diploma in Journalism Durban University of Technology, South Africa
1. Advanced Reporting ? News Writing, Feature & Review, Editing, Media Law
2. Media Production ? Radio, TV, Online, Editorial Management, Layout and Design
3. Media Practice ? Political Science, Media Studies
Media Practice - WIL ? Third year Internship (Work Integrated Learning Subject)
National Diploma in Video Technology Durban University of Technology, South Africa
1. Television Production Theory 3 ? Passed: 85%
2. Television Appreciation and Development 3 ? Passed: 97%
3. Practical Television Production 3 ? Passed 61%
4. Communication in Video 3 ? Passed 95%
? Matriculated in 2004
? Participated in National Creative Arts Youth Festival in which I received an B
? Merit for Public speaking (2000)
? National Creative Arts Festival (2001) : C- Merit for Public speaking
? National Creative Arts Festival (2002): A- Merit for Public speaking and A
? merit for story telling
? National Creative Arts Festival (2003): A Merit for Public speaking, B- Merit
? for Poetry and A+ Merit for Story telling
? D. Beers English Olympiad( 2003) – Humor through the ages, Silver
? National Creative Arts Festival (2004): 1st for poetry and 2nd place for story
? D. Beers English Olympiad (2004): Shakespeare on love, Certificate of
? 2005: Top photography student
? 2006: Top TV student
? 2007: Top Broadcast student
? Graduating: NDip Journalism 19 June 2008
? Good writing and communication skills - able to analyze, formulate and present information clearly.
? Computer proficiency: Final Cut Pro and Storm (editing programs for recorded footage), MS Word / MS PowerPoint / MS Excel / MS PowerPoint/Final Cut Pro/ Avid.
? Understanding of creative and technical processes involved in gathering, packaging and disseminating information.
? Hands-on knowledge of media communications for radio, television and print media.
? Hands-on knowledge of camerawork, editing, scripting.
? Obtained a Certificate in Central Banking through the Reserve Bank (2006)
? Scriptwriting Award - 2010
? Specialized in broadcast for NDip Journalism
? Specialized in scriptwriting for NDip Video Technology
SUMMARY OF WORK EXPERIENCE
2002 – 2004
Promotions • Promotion of Red Square and various other brands for Halewood International at mayor stores
Presenter • TV presenter for GDTV.
• Script writer for programme
• Sourcing participants for programme.
• Organizing gifts for participants by approaching various companies for donations
• DUT Online: writing a weekly article called “Janine’s Junction” covering topics like taxes etc.
• Reviewed films for the Durban Film festival – Wavescape Film Fest, and had numerous reviews published in “Reel Times”
2004 – 2005
Receptionist (Part time)
• General office administration
• Submission of claims to medical aids
• Switchboard – answered, screened and handled telephone calls.
• Receptionist – helped out in reception area by receiving and welcoming clients
2005 – 2006
• Stills for weddings.
• Stills for Soccer SA site
• News writing tutor at Department of Journalism at DUT
Internship • Writing of articles for Co-operative Education
• Travelling to Tswane to cover an article (Baja)
• Assisting the other interns with their general office duties
• Assisting students with queries
• Writing of articles for the Go-Boy website
2008 – 2010
• Video Technology student
• Assistant at art gallery
• Actress in advertisement produced by Go Boy
2008 – 2010
• Providing ideas for documentaries, inserts, dramas to students in my class
• Sourcing and provision of props
Script writer/ director
• DSTV function at the Hilton for 413 Productions
• Intern at Tekweni Television
• Editing and uploading stock footage
• Ordering of new equipment and testing it
• Marketing the site
• Assistant Director
• Liaising with clients
• Sourcing of clients for voiceovers
• General office duties
• Levi Curve function at the Playhouse – was Assistant Director and also did some camerawork
Part time review writer
• Reviews written on a movie (Eat, Pray Love) and covered the Poetry Event in Durban
Cameraman, Personal Assistant
• 3rd eye media – electronic press kit shoot – Mario Ogle
Personal Assistant on film set
• General personal assistant on movie set for Moonlighting Films – Mr Bob the movie
Dr ZAR Peer – General Practitioner Landline: +27  201 6987
Carl de Heer – Go Boy Productions Mobile: 082 568 8121
Toy Story (Art gallery) Landline: +27 (31) co closed
Chloe - Tekweni Television Landline: +27  2612350
3rd eye media – Quintin Cell: 0824561481
Moonlighting Films – Isabel Cell: 0825267075
Going places SA – Ailsa Cell: 0832502690