Michael J. Lazarus
100 Rochelle St
To facilitate my chosen career as a digital 3d artist for Government contract simulations
projects, film, iphone and Android games, or other production avenues, to create top quality art within a team environment. I am interested in teaching these valuable skills to students of small collegiate or high school levels.
PROFESSIONAL / WORK EXPERIENCE
• Lighthouse productions films and entertainment company 2011-present
Worked as freelanced artist, using skills as 3d animator, modeler, lighting, texturing
and special effects for public broadcasting television documentary. http://lighthouseprodn.com
• Lockheed Martin 2008-2010
As a full-time graphic artist/animator/modeler, participate in the -Navy Nuclear
Propulsion Program, assisting in the development 3D simulations software for training purposes.
-Credited for (1) published 3D interactive Simulation training software material for the
US Navy Nuclear Propulsion program-2009
• Instructor, Gibbs College, Vienna, VA 2004-2008
-3d modeling/animation with 3d studio max
-Digital video I and II with Adobe premiere pro
-Digital imaging with Adobe Photoshop
-Conducted 3d studio Max workshops for Autodesk at Gibbs College, VA
Covering a broad level of animation and modeling techniques to other instructor in
the greater Washington DC areas. 2005
• Juxtopia group www.Juxtopia.com Team member for a Computer game design team as 3d character designer and game play developer, 2006
• Conducted a 3D character animation workshop at the University of Baltimore, 2007
• Lead animator and modeler for over fifteen Benjamin Banneker scenes for the Juxtopia
group www.Juxtopia.com. The work is now used as an educational display at th
Benjamin Banneker Museum located in Elliott City, MD.
• Airbrush portrait artist, Bad Kreuznach, Germany, 1998 - 2001.
-Studied airbrush art techniques under a professional illustrator
-Formed airbrush business specializing in portraits and murals.
• Skilled in creating and texturing low and high polygon 3D models with 3D Studio
• Capable of rigging and animating with bones and character studio’s biped.
• Experienced with lighting techniques, video camera shots, particles, and special
Effects to enhance the quality of 3d character environments.
• Skilled in Adobe Photoshop for painting UV unwrapped textures and Adobe
premiere Pro for editing rendered scenes for creating demos.
• Skilled in Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
• Good drawing skills.
• Excellent Airbrush portrait artist.
• Skilled with Intuos graphics drawing tablets.
• Member of the UAG—Upstate Artist Guild located in Albany, NY
• Helped direct and set cameras/lighting for people into Green screen environments.
• Composited images using Adobe after effects or Adobe Premiere pro.
• Skilled with Epic Games Unreal game engine
• Graduated with Master of Arts (MA) in Interactive media and Game
Development from Savannah College of Art and Design, 31 May 2009.
• Graduated from Western Connecticut State University; BA in
communications/media arts, 1988
• Studied at PRATT Institute, New York, NY/Manhattan campus; earned five
certificates of proficiency in 3d Studio Max, 2001-2003
• Studied advanced character modeling and animation under Autodesk
Certified instructors -- Stuart Sims, CG technical director at www.Eyeballnyc.com
and lead rigger Salvador Midolo. Personally trained from Autodesk certified trainer
• Familiar with Adobe After Effects, and Final Cut Pro.
• Proactive with attending computer graphics user group functions, including New
York City’s Autodesk (www.Autodesk.com headquarters); Hunt valley Maryland’s
Firaxis games (www.firaxis.com); and in learning the latest software tools to enhance
production skills in the CGI field. 2003-2007
• Former member of the 3D Studio max user’s group held quarterly at the Firaxis
Games development Studio (Hunt Valley, MD) in which CGI Artist share and impart
knowledge of techniques for developing and expediting workflow production. 2005-
• Studied CryEngine developed by German game company Crytek for Game and
simulation development with Lockheed Martin art team.
• Earned Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) status for instructing 3d studio max - 2006
• Played High School and College sports.
• Member, Springfield Art League, Springfield, MA
• Member of the Upstate Artist Guild, Albany NY2009-present
• Staff Sergeant of the 94th United States Army Reserve Band. Will receive retire from
the U.S. Army in Oct 2010 after 23 years of service.
• Holds a Security Clearance--Secret through the US Army Reserves.