Gaila Marie LaGrew
Freelance Web/Graphic Design | Portland, Or. | Current
I have had a steady stream of clients who hired me through word of mouth. I have been doing freelance design to create web sites, brochures, power point presentations and event planning since graduating with my degree from AIP. I am now looking to do some collaboration inside a design establishment to gain more experience in the industry, until that happens I will continue to design freelance and teach myself skills I have not yet mastered. I have proven myself with time management and independant work ethic and would like to collaborate with other designers to continue my experience and become a better rounded designer.
Front End Design and Coding | 2010-current
Produced design and code standard for PDX Film Producer, Personal Trainer, Coffee Roasting company, Construction company, Clinic, and an indipendant film campaign ... in addition I have created an e-commerce site, provided collateral for branding, as well as social presence of several clients. I also have experience doing some photo engineering and email marketing for two additional clients.
Portland Farmers Market | Portland Or. | 2010
Assisted in creating header comps in the re-design of existing site in a Web Raising process
Freelance Collateral design | Portland Or. | 2008
Designer / Agent / Distribution
Created campaign to introduce new abstract artist and acted as liaison between gallery owners and talent.
* Strong graphic design capabilities
* Front end web design
* Lay out
* Project management
* Strong organizational Skills
* Knowledge about Social Media
* Experience with video and audio editing
* Traditional art skills include calligraphy, painting, drawing, glass engraving, stained glass, jewelry design, lost wax techniques, lapidary work, and intricate paper cutting as well as collateral design and distribution.
The Art Institute of Portland 2010
Associates Degree - Interactive Media Design anticipated fall 2010
* Visual Communication ~Digital Computer Graphics
BCTI and PCC 1992
* Business computers
* Accounting skills
* Business ethics and practice