DIMENSION DESIGN, Glenview, IL
Sewing Specialist (03/11- 11/11)
• Sewing, Measuring, Calculating, and Mending work.
• Performing all sewing operations on Fabrics.
• Repairing and making alterations to designs.
• Operating and caring for electric sewing machines.
• Reading, Reviewing, and Following specific instructions on Production Spec Packets.
• Met demanding targets and tight deadlines under pressure.
FREELANCE DESIGNER, Illinois
Apparel Design (11/05-Present)
• Researched Apparel and Fabric trends via Internet, magazines, and shops to inspire ideas.
• Garment Construction, Determining Measurements, Pattern Drafting and took photos of my Work along with Photo Retouching if necessary.
• Drafting/Sketching/Drawing full length models, flat sketches, ideas to present to the client, and attached sample swatches, along with other options of swatches to choose from if they preferred.
• Worked on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
• Industrial and home machine sewing construction.
• Executed taking on multiple projects for clients with great attention to detail.
A’GACI, Gurnee, IL
Supervisor/Visual Merchandiser (04/10 – 06/10)
Visual Merchandising Duties:
· Styled fabulous wall sets, tables, and mannequins daily with accessories, shoes, and
clothing that were eye catching and kept customers coming back for more with great attention to detail and colors.
· Weekly maintained taking pictures of the mannequins, wall sets, tables, and window displays to keep track of executed styles.
· Completed stores floor sets, answering phones, data entry, and kept track of important files.
· Open and closed the store.
· Made bank deposits and reconciled the registers.
· Concentrated on how associates were doing and ways to improve.
Fashion Show Coordinator Duties:
· In charge of keeping track of the items used for the Store Grand Opening Fashion Show.
· Kept track of Sku numbers for each item.
· Worked behind the scenes to make sure that the models were wearing the right pieces, shoes and accessories.
· Made sure the inventory was checked in properly after the show, tagged, and put back on the sales floor.
FASHION EXPRESS, Lincolnshire, IL
Internship (9/09 – 11/09)
• Researched the latest and new fashion trends via Internet, magazines, and shopping that were applied towards ideas for handbags.
• Executed taking professional pictures and photo retouching adjustments needed for the perfect look of the handbags on a consistent basis.
• Checked in Parcels and organized the bags so that they could be tagged, proofed, searched for damages, and photo ready for the catalog.
• Created Story Boards and drafted sketches/drawings with 2D renderings of handbags.
• Completed mock-ups on Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Retouched photos, and trained new Interns.
• Inputted information for vendor requests regarding handbags in Web PDM program.
• Learned about the business of Retail Product Development, Packaging, and Manufacturing.
• Organized stock room and completed two new market swatch books to be shipped to the vendors in New York and California.
MILANA’S, Buffalo Grove, IL
Manager/Personal Assistant (02/05 – 06/09)
• Open and Closed store, reconciled the register, made bank deposits, prepared associates schedules, kept track of important records, and maintained company payroll.
• Bought and ordered new products from vendors to sell in the shop.
• Consistently advertised via internet, within the shop, and direct mail advertising, as well as approved, proof read information, and chose pictures for the stores website for the graphic designer to implement.
• Completed weekly changes of the stores merchandise and window displays.
HANNAN & ASSOCIATES, Libertyville, IL
Receptionist (10/04 – 01/05)
• Promptly answered incoming calls in a professional, upbeat, and articulate manner.
• Handled data entry, Records keeping, Accounts Payable, Payroll and scheduling appointments.
Bachelor of Arts, Fashion Design, International Academy of Design & Technology, Schaumburg, Illinois
Associates Degree, Business Administration, College of Lake County, Grayslake, Illinois
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 3 yrs Adobe Photoshop, 4 yrs Adobe Illustrator, Web PDM, & experience working on MAC/PC based computers.
OTHER RELEVENT FASHION EXPERIENCES
5 yrs Freelance Designer, Draping, 4+ yrs Industrial Sewing, 5+ yrs Pattern Drafting,
10+ yrs Sketching/ Creating Flats/ Drawing, Gerber, Photography, & Purse Making.