Sondra R. Goldstein
Dynamic, collaborative professional with experience in employee, executive, technical and marketing communications. Skilled at developing solution oriented, measurable communications that meet business objectives and increase organizational effectiveness. Designed and led a number of company “firsts”. Strong relationship management, writing and editing skills.
Jones Lang LaSalle
Communications and Knowledge Manager, Corporate Solutions
August 2010 to present
• Strategic and tactical communications, measurement and reporting for Jones Lang LaSalle’s second largest outsourced account (Citibank) managing a 30 million square foot real estate portfolio. Lead communications effort for new business development, including proposals and sales presentations.
• Produce newsletters, town hall/employee meetings and social media sites. Write white papers, policies and procedures, technical manuals, case studies, leadership messages, talking points and organization announcements.
• Provide administrative and logistics support for leadership, compliance and executive meetings, prepare presentations, organize files and follow up lists. Manage collaboration sites for all meetings.
• Collaborate with Supply Chain Management in the writing, editing, approval and distribution of RFPs designed to garner new/revised supplier relationships, improved and efficient scopes of work and cost efficiencies. Results include a 38% reduction in operating expenses and a 22% savings on vendor services. Designed and launched Energy Savings Award Program, reducing utility expense by18% in its first year.
• Work with business leaders on awareness communications in support of energy, environmental, safety, human resources, engineering and finance initiatives.
• Serve as Training Liaison and Recognition Coordinator; developed facility management curriculum and web-based training sites. Volunteered as Ethics Liaison to help drive awareness of Vendor and Business Code of Conduct.
• Create monthly and quarterly governance reporting package for client teams.
June 2010 to August 2010
Marketing Communications/Advertising Specialist (contract assignment/leave replacement)
• Produced content for advertising and email marketing campaigns to increase sales of residential cable products and services.
• Edited and proofread all B2B and consumer marketing materials.
December 2009 to June 2010
• Utilized freelance writing, editing, web content and project management skills on a contractual basis (retail hardware store, textile wholesaler, financial services company, small law office)
Marketing Communications Manager, Enterprise Mobility Solutions
February 2008 to November 2009
• Produced targeted communications to educate employees and partners about B2B products, company achievements, sales and industry leadership. Wrote speeches, talking points, toolkits and video scripts for senior executives.
• Built business unit’s first social media platform, including executive blogs, RSS feeds and twitter-like tools.
• Managed town halls, employee meetings and leadership forums.
• Led cross-organizational team of communications specialists to share best practices and adopt new/enhanced communications vehicles.
• Received three company leadership/peer awards in less than two years.
CA Technologies, Inc. (Formerly Computer Associates)
Director, Human Resources and Employee Communications
February 2004 to February 2008
• Recruited to help build and grow employee communications department.
• Managed application process for industry-recognized awards and lists (Best Places to Work, IT 500, etc.)
• Led crisis communications team while company operated under a Deferred Prosecution Agreement imposed by the Department of Justice. Used strategic messaging to establish stability and re-engage employees. Directly responsible for 25% increase in ethics/compliance awareness and 16% increase in employee satisfaction.
• Managing Editor for weekly online newsletter, corporate and business unit intranet sites.
• Created company’s first leadership communications program.
• Internal communications partner for Human Resources, Compliance, Finance, Legal and IT groups. Led internal team to rebrand Human Resources. Developed comprehensive communications for benefits and compensation, training and wellness initiatives.
• Managed communications for company’s merger and acquisition initiatives.
Fleet Securities, Inc. (Division of Fleet Bank prior to Bank of America acquisition)
November 2001 to February 2004
• Led internal and external communications program for brokerage and operations businesses.
• Wrote speeches, executive messages and presentations for business unit CEO, President and senior managers. Developed and managed two intranet sites.
• Developed and managed communications for diversity, HR, employee recognition, training and cross-functional marketing and sales programs.
• Developed and deployed first employee engagement surveys; featured as best practice across business units.
Chase Manhattan Bank
November 1993 to October 2001
Communications Specialist, Retail IT, Treasury/Cash Management Services
• Recruited internally to lead communications for retail CIO and technology/business leaders. Developed executive messaging platform, marketing and employee communications.
• Led task force to enhance IT/business relationships.
• Managed rewards and recognition staff and program.
• Managed large-scale customer events, trade shows and conferences.
• Produced quarterly magazine for Chief Financial Officers and Treasurers.
Regional Marketing Manager, Retail Bank
• Developed and launched local marketing programs to grow sales in 300 branches across 11 regions.
• Produced radio and print ads, branch signage and merchandising, direct mail and community events.
• Led process improvement team to evaluate effectiveness of branch marketing campaigns.
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
Director of Marketing & Communications
October 1989 to November 1993
• Established first marketing, communications and public relations program in the law firm’s history.
• Produced seminar series to enhance thought leadership, law firm visibility and build client base. Developed first marketing system that led to a 65% increase in cross-practice referrals.
Education and Skills:
• Master of Business Administration, Baruch College, City University of New York
• Bachelor of Science, State University of New York at Albany
• Certificate in Paralegal Studies, Adelphi University
• Certificate in Human Resource Management, Society for Human Resource Management
• MS Office, Adobe Dreamweaver, SharePoint, Photoshop, social media