I am a hard working mother of two. I have been a stay at home mom for the last 7 years and I am looking to get back into the workforce while still being allowed the option of staying at home. I am an extremely hard worker and am able to get work done in a timely fashion. I am able to follow instructions thoroughly and without being managed. Please find below my resume.
7517 Amberly Drive
Colorado Springs, CO. 80923
Objective To obtain a position where my coordinating, planning, analyzing and team player skills would be utilized.
Experience 2008-Present UKKSA Colorado Springs, CO
Work as the front desk manager in the evenings of the Karate school. Nightly tasks include balancing the books, tracking attendance, answering phones, greeting and assisting all customers, building files for all new enrolling students and inventory control.
2004-2005 Add Staff Colorado Springs, CO
Various temporary administrative positions to include a local hospital (data entry), a construction industry (front desk) and a legal office (administrative support).
2003-2004 Blair College Colorado Springs, CO
Financial Aid Officer
• Recruited and conducted preliminary financial aid interviews with potential students. Trained them to effectively complete federal documents for financial assistance.
• Provide potential and existing students with accurate information regarding the application process and their eligibility for state and/or federal assistance or alternative financing.
• Answer student questions concerning their finance package professionally, accurately and in a positive manner.
• Initiate appropriate tracking system for applications and missing documentation, which the student must complete.
2002-2003 Zurich Services Corp. Colorado Springs, CO
Health Care Cost Specialist (billing/coding)
• Entered data from worker’s compensation claims into a medical database so that professional providers could be compensated.
• Provided help desk service to providers and adjusters regarding worker’s compensation status or payments.
• Provided clerical support as needed or as directed by supervisor.
1994-1996 Cellular One Shelbyville, TN
Retail Sales Associate
• Sold wireless phones to interested customers.
• Provided customer service to both existing and non-existing customers regarding wireless equipment, usage, billing, etc.
1993-1994 Josten’s Inc. Shelbyville, TN
• Entered data into the computer system for the purpose of filling graduation orders.
• Provided customer service to customers regarding status of orders.
Education 1990-1991 University of Tennessee Knoxville, TN
• Focus of Study: Psychology
• For the purpose of obtaining a position in the Human Resource field
• 3 semesters completed (approximately 45 credit hours).
1992-1993 Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TN
• Focus of study: Political Science
• 3 semesters completed (approximately 36 credit hours).
2001-2001 Pikes Peak Community College Colorado Springs, CO
• Focus of study: Networking
• For the purpose of obtaining an IT/Networking position.
• Competent in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Familiar with C++, Linux, Web Design and Basic 6.0 programming.
Volunteer Work 2003-Current Pikes Peak Workforce Center Colorado Springs, CO
Volunteer Program Administrative Assistant
• Provided administrative support to the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Maintained and updated, as needed, the volunteer database.
• Assisted Volunteer Coordinator in maintaining monthly records to include time, training, and recognition.
1991-1993 Salvation Army Shelbyville,TN
•Assisted the needy in obtaining food, clothes and financial assistance.
1991-1992 Scott's United Methodist Church Shelbyville,TN
• Planned and coordinated activities and seminars for the children in and around the community ranging in age from 12-17.