Obtain an engaging opportunity using my writing, editing, and research skills in the communication industry.
WRITING AND COMMUNICATION
Composed press releases and public service announcements to publicize professional events and projects. Experience conceptualizing client proposals, business reports, internal communications, and advertising copy. Organizational skills allow me to prioritize multiple project deadlines and complete projects on time and within budget.
Developed customized design, copy, and layouts for advertising and public relation campaigns. Strategic choice of wording, format, and source of information is pivotal to clarifying the objective. Ability to articulate fact-based materials in a professional and interesting way.
Utilized Mac and PC platforms. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop and InDesign. Involved with social networking and blogging sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Wordpress and Blogger. Planned social media positioning for National Student Advertising Competition through the American Advertising Federation.
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON – Houston, TX Dec. 2010
Bachelor of Communication, Advertising & Public Relations
Minor Studies in Global Business
• Corporate Entrepreneurship Certificate (#1 ranked program in the country)
• National Student Advertising Competition, for the American Advertising Federation (AAF)
• Fogarty Klein Monroe’s Plan & Presentation Competition Winner
• Dean’s List
• American Legion Award
SINGLETON CONSULTING & MANAGEMENT – Humble, TX April 2009 to Dec. 2010
• Ensured continuity, professionalism, and customer satisfaction.
• Streamlined access to invoices, client documents, and proposals through cloud server.
• In charge of writing and editing multiple proposals.
• Established excellent writing and editing skills.
HOUSTON DELI PROVISIONS – Humble, TX Oct. 2003 to April 2009
Purchasing and Communication Specialist
• Purchasing agent for five national grocery stores.
• Assisted in the preparation and production of professional events, business presentations, tradeshows, and various sales events.
• Primary product advertising contact for national and local accounts.
• Focus on effective communication between company and diverse group clients.
• Completed monthly density reporting for customer traffic using Excel.