I left jolly old England for Melbourne, in 2005. As a part-time professional writing student, I try to live by the wise words of fellow countryman, Michael Caine: 'make like a duck... remain calm on the surface, but paddle like hell underneath.' Best quack on with it, then.
• Dec 01, 2011: Novel extract published in annual Avant anthology of art, stories and poetry.
• April 21 & 29, 2011: Two letters to editor published in the Herald Sun.
• 2011: Two articles and a book review published in The Box magazine (BH TAFE).
• Late 2010 & early 2011: Two short stories published in The Box magazine (BH TAFE).
• Attended 2010 & 2011 Melbourne Writers’ Festival.
• Victorian Writers’ Centre member since Sep 2010; gaining important industry resources and opportunities.
• 2006-2009: Volunteered at some local theatres within Melbourne’s eastern suburbs; gaining exposure to the style of playwriting: use of plots, language and dialogue.
Education & Training:
• July 2010 (still completing): Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing, Box Hill TAFE
• June 2010 (short course): The Creative Writer, Box Hill TAFE
• Feb 2008 - Feb 2010 (online course): Certificate of Creative Writing, Cengage Education, NSW
• 2003 - 2005: A level Certificates for Drama and English Literature and Language,
Sixth-form College: Wilmington Hall School (England)