15 Redthorn Drive, Telephone: 07999565123
Huntington Home Phone:01904653084
York Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A self motivated individual with strong organisational skills and varied operational work experience at an international level seeks a new and challenging opportunity to apply acquired skills.
Education and Qualifications:
2001-2005 Albaath University, Syria
Bachelor Degree in English Literature
19/09/2011 – 29/10/2011 Karian & Box Ltd, (York, UK)
Arabic Speaking Researcher & Translator (Temporary position)
• Communication via outbound calls to multi-national, global clients throughout the Middle East & Arab countries, conducting surveys and gathering employee opinions & behaviour required for evaluation.
• Translating all calls & conversations taken place from Arabic to English & ensuring that the in-depth data is entered accordingly, accurately & within tight timescales into the database system.
01/04/2009 – 30/08/2011 Millennium Technologies (Damascus, Syria)
Purchasing and business Development Manager
• Responsible for the coordination of imports and shipments, customs clearance, preparation of purchase orders and responding to client enquiries.
• Ensured that timescales and budget targets for the supply of materials are achieved and that stringent quality control standards set by the company are met.
• Successfully accomplished price negotiations with suppliers and shipping companies to improve cost efficiency for the company.
• Monitored deliveries to check that goods received are as per the agreed terms and conditions as set out in the original purchase order agreement.
• Communication with international suppliers through email and phone correspondence.
• Web based tracking of shipments to avoid costly delays and improve the efficiency of the customs clearance procedure.
• Managing import-export operations involving preparation of necessary documents and liaison with regulatory authorities
• Marketing tasks to promote the company via the company website, conferences and trade fairs.
08/03/2008 – 01/03/2009 Jan De Nul Dredging Group - Belgium company (Dubai, UAE)
Human Resources Supervisor
• Coordination of all matters relating to government authorities including: Municipality, Immigration, Dubai Chamber, Ministry of Economy.
• Efficiently directed all correspondence between the parent company and the other branches
• Administration duties related to Jebel Ali Free Zone authority including processing employee visas, renewal of trade licenses, and achieving approval status for new projects.
• Sole responsibility for the translation of government documents into and from Arabic/English.
• To monitor amendments to the laws and policies of the country in relation to company policy.
• Administrative duties including payroll, updating the employee sickness and absence records and resolving employee grievance issues within corporate guidelines and policies
• Make travel arrangements and scheduling training for all the employees.
01/04/2004 – 01/03/2008 Target Engineering Construction Co. (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
• Responsible for equipment hire for company projects
• Managing contracts with rental companies.
• Administration of company vehicles
• General office administration and co-ordination between departments.
• Updating of the logistics system PMS (Plant Management System) for all projects equipments and materials.
• Ensure that cargo is transported in accordance with specified requirements.
Interaction with site engineers and processing their orders as requested
• Transport coordination, scheduling trucks, calculation of load capacity and tracking the cargo to its final destination
• Arabic (Native language)
• English (Fluent)
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Confident user of Email and Internet
• Experience working with Oracle and PMS (plant management system)
• Holder of driving licence
• I have relocated with my wife, back to the United Kingdom from my native Syria where we were residing. I am able to provide full documentation in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act (1996) to show that I am entitled to live and work in the United Kingdom.
References: Available on request